Javon Walker

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this TO rumor is true and TO is a done deal, I believe we should complete our WR corp by trading for Javon Walker. If all it would take to get him is a third round pick, JJ ought to call up Green Bay tomorrow and make the deal.

We still need another good WR in case Glenn gets hurt (or TO for that matter) and I'm not sure I want to put our fate into Crayton starting just yet.

A three WR set of TO, Walker and Glenn with Witten at TE and JJ in the backfield should be able to produce some points.

Considering the unproven WR we could get with our third pick, adding someone like Walker with that pick would really be a no-brainer IMHO.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
If this TO rumor is true and TO is a done deal, I believe we should complete our WR corp by trading for Javon Walker. If all it would take to get him is a third round pick, JJ ought to call up Green Bay tomorrow and make the deal.

We still need another good WR in case Glenn gets hurt (or TO for that matter) and I'm not sure I want to put our fate into Crayton starting just yet.

A three WR set of TO, Walker and Glenn with Witten at TE and JJ in the backfield should be able to produce some points.

Considering the unproven WR we could get with our third pick, adding someone like Walker with that pick would really be a no-brainer IMHO.

Hell, I'd be all for it.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

I have been thinking the same thing for the longest

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Green Bay would not give up Walker for a three round pick.

Besides, I doubt he's at full strength for another year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That would take a lot of money for all three wide receivers and who would sit on the bench?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I see the logic in doing so. My concern would then be all the egoes involved (I think TO counts as six egoes, alone).

Couple that with the fact that Walker is demanding some big coin, and I don't know how plausible it is.

But you'd certainly not see me complain about a team that boists Owens, Glenn and Walker at receiver.

Renegade7

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
That would take a lot of money for all three wide receivers and who would sit on the bench?

Terry Glenn I bet. That's a pretty wonderful problem ya'll would have there, I ain't gonna lie.

Reaction score
If we could get Javon Walker for a 3rd, i'd send a 3rd, and possibly the daughter of one of our assistant coaches. Walker is a stud, and he'll come back from the injury.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I'd love to get Walker. He is still young and THAT would be a step in the right direction. If we were to sign Owens and get Key back all 3 of our top WR's would be well over 30 and on the downhill side of their careers. It would work for a year or maybe two but then we would be looking for a WR (or 2 or 3) again. Getting Walker would be a nice bridge to the future.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i've been saying it would take probably at least a 2nd to get him but what about our 3rd pick, Ellis, and Crayton for Walker. They get help for their DL and a solid WR

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
BD I'll give you until Monday to get this trade done.....:D

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Green Bay would not give up Walker for a three round pick.

Besides, I doubt he's at full strength for another year.

I think that's his point, he wouldn't need to be ready immediatly, that's why this would be the perfect situation for him here in Dallas. Draft a WR, he sits a year or two anyway before really making any notable impact. Plus not going to pull very many quality recievers out of round 3. Walker has proven himself to be star capable in the past, now he just needs to prove he's back 100% from his injury. He could do that while sitting behind TO and Glenn for a season. Brings youth to our WR Corps.

I'm with ya on the 3rd being too cheap, though. I think before it's said and done the bidding will easily bring that up to a 2nd with possibly a second day pick thrown in.

Bringing in Walker with Owens is my dream offseason scenerio. Lets do this!

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think that will happen. For the same reason that Dallas didn't really try to bring in the eventual replacements for Aikman or Emmitt toward the end of their careers.