Jay Cutler?????

rojan

Reaction score
Any shot he will fall to 18...If he does we have to take him.....A.Rodgers fell to like 24 last year

fortdick

Reaction score
rojan said:
Any shot he will fall to 18...If he does we have to take him.....A.Rodgers fell to like 24 last year

If he does fall, we should take him.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
After watching him at the Senior Bowl practice today I'll be surprised him he lasts till 18. It was already slim but I think he's just going to continue to rise.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Why do soooo many of you want to take a QB? Did you watch any of the games this year? We need (In order of importance)

1. OL
2. OL
3. OL
4. OL
5. OL
6. OL
7. OL
8. OL
9. OL
10. OL

Rush 2112

Reaction score
DrewHensonSoonerNotLater said:
Why do soooo many of you want to take a QB? Did you watch any of the games this year? We need (In order of importance)

1. OL
2. OL
3. OL
4. OL
5. OL
6. OL
7. OL
8. OL
9. OL
10. OL

Have you seen the recent history of tackles drafted in one last 5 years?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
rojan said:

Based on what? Anyone of you guys seen him play? Now, I am impressed that he had Vanderbilt almost going to bowl game, but really, seems getting way too much hype.

But then, Mike Mayock is a guy, who seems pretty good at evaluating talent, on NFL Network from what I have seen him last year, so he seems to be salvating about him. But personally, I am not convinced till I see him.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Based on what? Anyone of you guys seen him play? Now, I am impressed that he had Vanderbilt almost going to bowl game, but really, seems getting way too much hype.

But then, Mike Mayock is a guy, who seems pretty good at evaluating talent, on NFL Network from what I have seen him last year, so he seems to be salvating about him. But personally, I am not convinced till I see him.

I've really learned to like Mayock over the last year...I'm starting to put much more stock into his analysis. If you look at his top players and how the draft goes...he's not off to far.

You're right...Mayock is all over Cutler. I have not seem him play either, but I'm sure interested in the guy.

Some are nailing him because he is inconsistant, but it really does take about 3 years to develop a young QB...the fact that he has all the phisical tangibles and has shown excellent leadership on the field and confidence...sounds like this kid has a lot going for him. I can't wait until the Senior bowl to produce when it counts...if he does, then I'm all over him too...........

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I've really learned to like Mayock over the last year...I'm starting to put much more stock into his analysis. If you look at his top players and how the draft goes...he's not off to far.

You're right...Mayock is all over Cutler. I have not seem him play either, but I'm sure interested in the guy.

Some are nailing him because he is inconsistant, but it really does take about 3 years to develop a young QB...the fact that he has all the phisical tangibles and has shown excellent leadership on the field and confidence...sounds like this kid has a lot going for him. I can't wait until the Senior bowl to produce when it counts...if he does, then I'm all over him too...........

Thats another thing, I didn't think PHillip Rivers was worth top 15 pick much less top 5 pick. But, Bam, he playes well in Senior bowl he bolts to the top. I have seen Rivers plays in College, while I thought he would be good propect, I just didn't think he was that much of sure thing, that a team should spend like top 10 pick.

Personally, I still think Rivers is not going to be Franchise type QB. He might end up being pretty decent QB, but thats a far cry from the pick he was selected at.

Either way as far as I am concerned, I dont know why some of you guys are looking at QB? I mean really, you guys think Cowboys will spend a 1st round pick on QB? Heck no, I will eat crow, if I am wrong. Romo and Henson are it. At the best I think they might spend a late round pick or get a UDFA for camp fodder. Unless that Camp Fodder shows some real promise, thats all he will be in Camp, IMO.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DrewHensonSoonerNotLater said:

1. OL
2. OL
3. OL
4. OL
5. OL
6. OL
7. OL
8. OL
9. OL
10. OL

You forgot OL! :D

But I still want Cutler. I live in Nashville and got to see him play and the guy is the real deal. Some are already comparing him to Favre. But not to worry, he won't be there at 18. We would have to trade up into the top 5 to get him. I'll bet he goes before Lienart.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Either way as far as I am concerned, I dont know why some of you guys are looking at QB? I mean really, you guys think Cowboys will spend a 1st round pick on QB? Heck no, I will eat crow, if I am wrong. Romo and Henson are it. At the best I think they might spend a late round pick or get a UDFA for camp fodder. Unless that Camp Fodder shows some real promise, thats all he will be in Camp, IMO.

IF they do not think Romo or Henson are the future...we will need to draft a good QB. Now IF they think either or both Romo or Henson have what it takes, then of course we don't need one.

We are sending Henson to NFLE...does not give me a sense of confidence, that and he has not taken a game snap since 2001. That's too long!

Romo is an undrafted prospect...do we want to put all of our eggs in that basket???

Personally, I want the future QB on this team to sit behind Drew for a year or so then take over...that's just me...call me crazy!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
After watching him at the Senior Bowl practice today I'll be surprised him he lasts till 18. It was already slim but I think he's just going to continue to rise.

Lets all prey Cutler gets drafted before #18. That drops nother football player to us.....

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
IF they do not think Romo or Henson are the future...we will need to draft a good QB. Now IF they think either or both Romo or Henson have what it takes, then of course we don't need one.

We are sending Henson to NFLE...does not give me a sense of confidence, that and he has not taken a game snap since 2001. That's too long!

Romo is an undrafted prospect...do we want to put all of our eggs in that basket???

Personally, I want the future QB on this team to sit behind Drew for a year or so then take over...that's just me...call me crazy!

Ok, Your are Crazy!!:D

But really, then, isn't that what BP is doing then? Romo/Henson are sitting behind Bledsoe and learning?

Second, Henson has taken game snaps, its Romo thats has not. Henson going to NFLE is a good thing, because no way he or Romo are going to beat out Bledsoe in TC, not if Parcells can help it. I know, some want to think there is a fair compition, but I dont think so. Not the way BP seems to almost revere Bledsoe, that BP will bench Bledsoe just because he was beat out in TC, unless BP thinks Bledsoe doesn't want to play anymore.

We shall see by the time Draft rolls around, what Henson has to offer, somewhat at least, since about 5-6 games of NFLE would have been played and We can look at where Henson heading. I am sure most Cowboys fans have not seen Henson play in College other than probably some highlight reels.

If he comes close to what he showed in College, people will be surprised. Now, he is in the mold of maybe Ben Rothlisberger or Tom Brady, as in, you wont see spectacular plays, ala Brett Farve or John Elway, but he is known to always make good decisions and calm personality. And thats what I want to see, if he Henson, still has that.

I am sure, if Henson seems to stink up the join in NFL E, then Cowboys will change their draft strategy and think of QB in the draft, if not first round, but maybe on first day. Till then, drafting QB in first round, is just a pipe dream, ain't going to happen.

fortdick

Reaction score
A late round pick would be Drew Olson of UCLA. Prolly a fourth. That being said, I don;t see the thought process for taking an OL in the first. Too much risk. Most great OL's go in the second. Take a LB or WR in the first and OL after that. Take a shot with Olson late and you are set.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick said:
A late round pick would be Drew Olson of UCLA. Prolly a fourth. That being said, I don;t see the thought process for taking an OL in the first. Too much risk. Most great OL's go in the second. Take a LB or WR in the first and OL after that. Take a shot with Olson late and you are set.

A day 2 pick of Olson and someone is going to get a homerun. That Cutler is even being talked of as a top 10 QB is a travesty. I sure hope someone grabs him - drops a football player to us at 18!!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Personally, I like Olson. Not much of an arm but everything else is above average IMO. Kinda reminds me of Matt Schaub when he was coming out. Nobody was really all that high on him either. I kinda like Olson.