Jay Glazer top 20 available free agents list

Reaction score
I believe Dallas will resign Adams, left tackles get better with age... I would be hard pressed to find a better one playing in the NFC right now.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
aardvark;1849350 said:
I have to seriously disagree with that statement...

He is a beast against the run and the glue for that entire Colts defense...

Plus he is a high character guy.

Did you see the complete turnaround that defense made last year through the playoffs??

That FA list is not in number of importance obviously. Just a list of 20 of the best.
I think that was the beginning of the myth that is Bob Sanders.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Bob Sanders is a fantastic football player. I can only think someone who believes he isn't didn't watch him play.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Double Trouble;1849468 said:
Bob Sanders is a fantastic football player. I can only think someone who believes he isn't didn't watch him play.
I think he's a fine football player. He's an average to above average safety. Nothing spectacular, though.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Givincer;1849501 said:
That's funny that anybody is above Randy Moss.
Not really. Most GMs see that he's 31 next year and remember what he did (or didn't do) in Oakland. Plus, I doubt very seriously he leaves New England.

mwj473

Reaction score
aardvark;1849350 said:
That FA list is not in number of importance obviously. Just a list of 20 of the best.

Not true, just read #7. He did put this list together in importance. His opinion of who is important by the way.

Givincer

Reaction score
theogt;1849504 said:
Not really. Most GMs see that he's 31 next year and remember what he did (or didn't do) in Oakland. Plus, I doubt very seriously he leaves New England.

He's clearly the best player in free agency, and it's not even debatable. The guy's not going to suddenly stop being a genetic freak at 32, 33, 34, or probably even 35. Even considering his age, I think 3 years of Randy Moss is > 10 years of Bob Sanders or Jared Allen.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Givincer;1849519 said:
He's clearly the best player in free agency, and it's not even debatable. The guy's not going to suddenly stop being a genetic freak at 32, 33, 34, or probably even 35. Even considering his age, I think 3 years of Randy Moss is > 10 years of Bob Sanders or Jared Allen.
He stopped himself in Oakland. He's one of the laziest players in the NFL. If for some reason he's not motivated, he's not worth the money. It's a big gamble to take, which significantly reduces his value.

And that last statement is just ridiculous hyperbole.

Givincer

Reaction score
He was injured in Oakland. If you put Moss in a situation as bad as Oakland, it's your fault for doing so.

And call it what you want, it's what I truly believe. I'd take 3 years of Randy Moss at the top of his game over 10 years of Sanders or Allen at the top of their game. Randy Moss does more to impact the overall success of the football team.

Think it's a coincidence he was on 2 of the best offenses of all time?

Temo

Reaction score
I think Bob Sanders is the second best safety in the league (maybe third), so I'd say he belongs, to whoever it was who said he was overhyped.

But LJ Smith is a joke. The dude has lost a LOT over the last couple seasons, he shouldn't even be able to sniff this list.

lkelly

Reaction score
Put Moss in Baltimore with a QB like Kyle Boller, and he's overpaid and a liability. Put him in New England with a hall of fame QB in his prime, and he's deadly. That issue right there makes him a valuable free agent for some teams and a waste of time for others.

My guess is that the creator of this list felt that some of the top guys would make any team better, not just one with a superstar at QB.