Video: Jaylen Wright vs Virginia (2023)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Great consolation prize if Brooks and Benson are off the board.
I think he goes between our second- and third-rounder if we don't take him in the second. If the other two are gone, I'd have no problem with the pick at 56. We've put ourselves in a situation where we need to find a starting RB and can't just take a chance on getting lucky late in this draft.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Welcome aboard the Jaylen Wright train! I see him as a Melvin Gordon type player.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Reminds me of Julius Jones....but I think JJ had a little more juice. Some of those runs feel like he should have taken them to the house.

morasp

Reaction score
Reminds me of Julius Jones....but I think JJ had a little more juice. Some of those runs feel like he should have taken them to the house.
I intentionally showed all the plays of a game instead of highlights clips. Some casual fans, probably not as many hear, may just watch highlights and think he's a really good player. His touchdown run against Georgia was pretty impressive.

And if you're bored here is the UK game

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I intentionally showed all the plays of a game instead of highlights clips. Some casual fans, probably not as many hear, may just watch highlights and think he's a really good player. His touchdown run against Georgia was pretty impressive.

That run against Georgia was what sold me on him. Georgia has NFL speed in their secondary, and Wright was pulling away from them. Then I looked up his size and my eyes kind of bugged.

morasp

Reaction score
Pollard also wasn't just an outside runner, was good in between the tackles, prior to his injury.
Yes, he was good at finding that crease and popping a good run. What I partly meant about Wright was sometimes fast RBs have a tendency to try to outrun the defense by popping outside instead of trusting the play design. With the speed of the players in the NFL it's harder to out run them than it was in college.

Carter

Reaction score
3rd would be great but 2nd would be too early.

Cowboys basically forced themselves to take Benson or Brooks with 56.

morasp

Reaction score
Considering how long NFL RBs last and how often they touch the football we haven't really used a lot of draft capital on the position. In the last 10 drafts we've used picks 4, 128, and 212. I really don't think using a second round pick on one is too excessive.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I would not take a RB in round 2. IMO there will be better players on the board. But if Brooks is available I see this FO taking him without question.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Well....that is the rub....because I don't think he gets to our 3rd rounder....I would be shocked. Hence if you really like him....you better plan on a 2nd....
i think there is a chance a good RB is there in the third, Allen would fit nicely