Video: Jaylon Smith, Sean Lee and DeMarcus Lawrence |2 Sacks| Film breakdown

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith, Sean Lee and DeMarcus Lawrence each are credited with a sack or 1/2 sack.

The first sack is a result of a 2 LB blitz combined with excellent coverage. Sean Lee loops around the outside while DeMarcus Lawrence has to fight through two blockers, stumbles to the ground then springs up like a Lion to hit Russel Wilson at the exact same time as Lee.

The second sack was caused by Taco Charlton and Dorance Armstrong pressuring Russel Wilson. Tyrone Crawford and Daniel Ross pushed their blockers straight back which prevented Wilson from stepping up. Jaylon Smith caught the fleeing Russel Wilson and was credited with a sack.

Here is another breakdown of how Zeke and Tavon work together on each play

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm loving these All-22 highlights.

Also loving the speed we've got at LB. Look on that 2nd sack when Wilson broke to run: Jaylon closed on him FAST even though he's got 30 pounds on him. I don't think Wilson was expecting him to have that kind of speed. LVE was hauling it too and probably would've made the tackle within 5 yards of the line if Jaylon wasn't there.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks for sharing.

Love our depth at LB's this year.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
*guess it'd be fairer to say if Jaylon hadn't made the play - if Jaylon's not there then Wilson is off to the races.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I'm loving these All-22 highlights.

Also loving the speed we've got at LB. Look on that 2nd sack when Wilson broke to run: Jaylon closed on him FAST even though he's got 30 pounds on him. I don't think Wilson was expecting him to have that kind of speed. LVE was hauling it too and probably would've made the tackle within 5 yards of the line if Jaylon wasn't there.

Yes that play impressed me. I was surprised too and never thought Jaylon can make up ground that fast.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
*guess it'd be fairer to say if Jaylon hadn't made the play - if Jaylon's not there then Wilson is off to the races.
People often talk about players taking bad angles. Most of those bad angles are a miscalculation of a players own speed or miscalculating the rate of travel by the person they are pursuing

On the Sack by Jaylon. Jaylon took an aggressive line to keep Wilson from getting the first down on the scramble. LVE played the cutback then readjusted when Wilson committed to running outside. LVE is young but his instincts are noticeable. He has a high ceiling for growth.