Jaylon Smith today

gmoney112

Reaction score
Said in a thread last week, I'm picking this kid as an early favorite for team's 2018 defensive MVP and pro bowl. Other words, I think he'll be this year DLaw.........

Where u been? I've been saying he was going to be Comeback Player of the Year since April.

Just glad theres someone else smart here. Was getting worried.

cern

Reaction score
two weeks to first preseason game. then we'll see what we've got.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Said in a thread last week, I'm picking this kid as an early favorite for team's 2018 defensive MVP and pro bowl. Other words, I think he'll be this year DLaw.........
I get that people want to be excited, this is the next step in his progress to a full recovery, but making the probowl as a result of his performance this year is typical of "traing camp hysteria". He has yet to return to his previous form and we all know what it takes to elevate a players performance to the pros, let alone to a probowl level.

How about most improved player who earned himself the starting role.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jaylon doesn't wear the brace ever anymore. Why do folks keep asking?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Yeah I think I am on that train too. Players already improve the most after their first year of play. I think he lights it up. He sure is keen for it.

jay94

Reaction score
Based off what we paid for him and what I have seen of him, very hard for me to get pumped, but our motto is that we're the team of hope.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah I think I am on that train too. Players already improve the most after their first year of play. I think he lights it up. He sure is keen for it.

Year 1.........miss entire season rehabbing
Year 2......... just happy to be on the field but could see things slowed down a bit by end of the season. Said his 4.4 speed was back.
Year 3 .......IMO the biggest thing with this kid now is his he's healthy and confident. Think we could see the top 5 talent we thought we were getting.

Rayman70

Reaction score
now he needs to hone his fundamentals. Tackling technique,and making decisive decisions.

Verdict

Reaction score
I am hearing mixed reviews on Jaylon, but I am hopeful.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Jaylon Smith’s character and story and can’t wait to see him prove that his full talent is back. Hasn’t happened yet, and IMO, we won’t really know whether or not he’s great until he proves it in the regular season when the action matters.

Practice and preseason will be teases of what he can do but I’m holding off declaring him fully recovered like his ND days until I see it in a real NFL game that counts.