Twitter: Jeff Driskel signs with Texans

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I don't think Tyrod Taylor is phased at all.
I guess this means Desean Watson won't be playing this year.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yep, he went cheap, just what we are looking for in case Dak goes down.

If we want cheap, lets just sign a life size cardboard cutout of of Jamie Foxx from the movie Any given Sunday...pretty much the same results.

The Cowboys should make it a point of drafting a QB between the 3rd and 5th round every other year. That way, they will always have a backup or two that know the system, the players, and the coaches. Most of all they know they have the skills and the opportunity to showcase their potential which may also result in very favorable trade scenarios.

.....and they are cheap.

Imagine having a very good quarterback go down with an injury and replacing him with a young draft pick that had the potential to be a starter in the future. Of course, when the original starter was ready, he would be the starter once again. I'm not suggesting that a young developing QB would actually be so successful that he would permanently replace the original starter.....that would be ridiculous.

John813

Reaction score
Good move for him.

Decent chance at least for a 6 game tryout as the starter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think whom ever the Cowboys pick up at QB will be here to compete for a job, Cowboys brought in Barrett and Davis for OTA because they needed the arms, talk they may bring in Hundley to work out. However I think all any of these guys who may sign are not guaranteed anything other than a chance to compete. Had Driskel signed he would not have been guaranteed anything other than the chance to compete and for the most part that is all he will get in Houston. Currently Houston has 3 QB on their roster besides Watson. Driskel will be the 4th QB on their team.