Jeff Ireland

Champsheart

Reaction score
I don't know about you all, but if there was one guy in the Organization I dont want Jerry to let get away it is Ireland.

This guy seems quickly to becoming one of the most respected guys in the league.

Personally from what I see and hear I am really liking him.

Jerry when the time comes do what ever it takes to keep Ireland within the Dallas Cowboy circle of trust! :star:

gbrittain

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
I don't know about you all, but if there was one guy in the Organization I dont want Jerry to let get away it is Ireland.

This guy seems quickly to becoming one of the most respected guys in the league.

Personally from what I see and hear I am really liking him.

Jerry when the time comes do what ever it takes to keep Ireland within the Dallas Cowboy circle of trust! :star:

Jeff seams like a guy that would want to be a NFL GM one day.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Thats the problem. He will never hold the GM title in Dallas. If we build a solid young team made up of alot of draft picks and start being a serious contender for super bowls, then someone will definately come calling on Ireland for a GM spot and he will take it.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:
Thats the problem. He will never hold the GM title in Dallas. If we build a solid young team made up of alot of draft picks and start being a serious contender for super bowls, then someone will definately come calling on Ireland for a GM spot and he will take it.

That would be my worry!

Jerry would then need to pay him enough money that no way he could refuse it. Whatever it takes!

Reaction score
I totally agree. I could see Ireland becoming our version of Scott Pioli. Perhaps we give him a title like Pioli has in New England, since Belichek is GM there. Vice President of Pro Personnel or whatever he's called.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:

Jerry has already given Jeff a LOT of power.

He is likely the #3 man in the organization right now in terms of sway, even ahead of Stephen and behind only Bill and Jerry.

He's not going anywhere.

When Jerry steps into the shadows a little, and that may not be as far off as some of us suspect, Ireland will be promised a bigger role.

He's your next Gil Brandt. He'll be working with the coach (Landry) and the GM (Schramm) for a long, long time, in a position of great importance.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
I totally agree. I could see Ireland becoming our version of Scott Pioli. Perhaps we give him a title like Pioli has in New England, since Belichek is GM there. Vice President of Pro Personnel or whatever he's called.

rumor has it that the NY Giants are going to try and sway Pioli to be their next GM. If that happens, Keeping Ireland in Dallas without a GM title will be very difficult.

aznhalf

Reaction score
Parcells raved about him, and thats pretty rare. Looks like the kid has a true nose for football, give him a real title and lock him up.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should be given a 10 year contract and a one year added at the end of each year.

hendog

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
He should be given a 10 year contract and a one year added at the end of each year.

And whatever else the hell he wants.

hendog

Reaction score
felix360 said:
lets just go the deadskins route and give him half owner ship of the team!!!!!

Well he doesn't count against the cap so why should you care how much he makes. Oh I forget - you must be trying to join Eddie's club of negativity.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:

I think Jerry realizes how important Ireland is to the team, and will do everything in his power to keep him, which may be giving him the title and role of GM