Jeron Johnson

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
SS 5-10 #210

Safety Jeron Johnson still can’t figure out why he wasn’t drafted in April. He expected to go in the fourth or fifth round.

“I was pretty shocked. I wasn’t prepared for that for sure. … I’m going to move forward from here,” he said. “I was a little bitter for a few days, but I know what I’m capable of. I have confidence in myself that I can make a team.”

Johnson is living at home in Bellflower, Calif., and working out in Carson with former teammates Brandyn Thompson, Orlando Scandrick and Ryan Clady. He’s eager for the lockout to end.

“The longer it goes, the harder it’s going to be to make the actual team instead of the practice team,” he said

Johnson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.53 seconds Tuesday, the top time among safety prospects at annual scouting drills in Indianapolis.
Johnson also was among the top performers in the bench press, lifting 225 pounds 23 times

dasander

Reaction score
I thought he should have atleast been drafted. With our Boise St. connection(Scandrick), if we sign him, I'll be alittle more excited about our safety position. Shoulda atleast been a 4-6th round pick.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Jeron Johnson brings some serious pain when he hits people. He may wear himself out in the NFL, but he should be fun to watch for a few years.