Jerra knows what to do with No. 22; but the second round?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Commentary from the 50,000-watt steam roller of truth, justice and the American Way as close to what we can approximate it in Farmers Branch. Next up, Carol's Scrapbooking and Cecil's Cabinetry.

For once, boys, this draft, Jerra in the 1st round will select the best offensive option for the Cowboys and Tony Romo.

He will pick a safe player, probably Bowe of LSU.

But what would be his next instinct in the second round? If he trades up. The second round draft choice would be for the secondary, of course.

Just a thought. But wouldn't it be groundbreaking to select a Bowe and then a Gonzalez of Ohio State or a Steve Smith of USC in the second round?

The NFL terrain would rumble. It would be a signal to Romo and, most important, to the fans who would be buying season tickets to Jerra Ozarks Stadium.

The payoff?

An aerial show for the fans a couple of years down the road at JO Stadium. Romo to Bowe and/or Anthony Gonzalez or Steve Smith.

Man, what a show that would be in the new stadium.:D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/5719.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/5382.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/19688.html

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin​

LD Fan

Reaction score
And the best part would be they would be on the field all the time because we didn't improve our pass rush or coverage. Other teams could just go long and score like the 2nd half of last year.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Even though we could certainly benefit from a WR with the first pick, I just don't see it happening though. I'll be very surprised if we do not take either a DB or pass-rusher type with our first pick. If...Jones can a find a trading partner who offers Jones the right deal, I'm sure Jones will jump at the chance to trade down, but it all depends on if we receive a trade offer and what would be involved in the trade, etc..

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
I could see him trading down to the early 2nd round if he can get a 1st next year and maybe a 3rd this year for it. I think that me might want to bundle our late picks to move up in the third, fourth, or fifth. I could see us having five or six picks in the middle of the draft, and then having an extra 1st rounder next year. Getting an extra 1st next year would let us "bundle" up in the draft next year to get a stud player. Or, whoever's pick we get in the first may just suck so bad that we'd already have a top-10 pick.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
I just can't get off the idea that we will be going CB and WR in rounds 1 & 2.

I don't know which order that would be in, i guess that depends on how the picks fall before us.

I just have a hard time getting convinced that we will go with another DE/OLB early, and that it will probably be 3rd round or later.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ENGCowboy;1469398 said:
Nice idea but never guna happen but you knew that.

Is england defeating germany in a war. (Any war). But we knew it would never guna happen so we went over there. Twice.

Hey, don't step on my dreams, imagine Romo to Bowe and Gonzalez for the next 5-6 years. It would be incredible, ol' chap.:bounce:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dcowboy84;1469559 said:
I just can't get off the idea that we will be going CB and WR in rounds 1 & 2.

I don't know which order that would be in, i guess that depends on how the picks fall before us.

I just have a hard time getting convinced that we will go with another DE/OLB early, and that it will probably be 3rd round or later.

gotta be WR/Secondary, in no particular order.