Jerry/Cowboys featured on OTL this Sunday - 9/3/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry Jones will be featured on 'Outside The Lines' on Sunday

Posted by DCFanatic at 9/3/2008 1:21 PM and is filed under Player Info,Cowboys News

You know ESPN loves the Cowboys so it can't be a surprise that on the day the NFL really opens up the season we get an entire episode of Outside The Lines focused on Jerry Jones and the Boys.

Here's Ed Werder on Galloway and Company giving us a sort of preview of what the show will be about on Sunday...

Werder talks Cowboys/Jerry on OTL

I think Jerry is a business man just as much as he is a football fan.

Of course he wants to sell tickets to his new stadium, but I think he really wants to have his team back on top and that means once again winning a Super Bowl. When you win three Super Bowls within your first ten years of owning the team you have to think that that kind of success will continue forever.

But it's been twelve years since this team has even notched a playoff win and right now Jerry Jones is a desperate man.

CoCo

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2231812 said:
When you win three Super Bowls within your first ten years of owning the team...

Actually its 3 SB wins in the first 7 years...

You bet we're counting. :)

zeromaster

Reaction score
'Desperate' might be a little strong -- Al Davis is the definition of desperate. Just because he and Jones are friends doesn't mean one implies the other.

JMO

CoCo

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2231932 said:
I was using the ten years as a reference point.

Then how about this...

After winning 3 SB's in his first decade of ownership he hasn't even sniffed a playoff win in his second.

Oh, I really don't care. I'm just bored. Not much else Cowboy to talk about until we get this first game underway.

Dimuha

Reaction score
C'mon, ESPN does not love us. If they loved us so much they wouldn't have gone ape-chit over the 'Boys in the early 90's only to tear us down without mercy.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
CoCo;2231982 said:
Then how about this...

After winning 3 SB's in his first decade of ownership he hasn't even sniffed a playoff win in his second.

Oh, I really don't care. I'm just bored. Not much else Cowboy to talk about until we get this first game underway.

Rough on poor Jerry, lol.