Jerry had all the fans thinking we were the 2004 Eagles this year!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I keep seeing all the threads about conspiracy theories, and a lot of fans believe there has to be some reason for our inactivity, even though our team is basically doing the same thing it does every year In free agency since Parcells left.

Jerry has no one to blame himself, but I wonder if he realizes the damage from his ALL IN comment. It’s been three frustrating seasons with 12 wins and high hopes. I think most of us fans felt the team was finally going to shake its Playoff slump. Especially after Jimmy was inducted in the ring of honor.

Do you remember the 2004 Eagles? They had numerous disappointments in the playoffs even though they would destroy us in the regular season. McNabb was labeled a choker, although in their defense, they made it to the NFC championship game. In 2004, Jeff Lurie basically went ALL IN. He hired TO, Jevon Kearse, Dhani Jones and others in free agency. He also brought back some departures like Hugh Douglas and Jeremiah Trotter. Eagles went to the Super Bowl that year, where they choked it away again.

I’m just curious, though, did a lot of you out there think that the Cowboys were going to do something similar? One last hoorah with Big Mac, Dak, Tyron/Zack, Tank and others? Sort of feels like the team is setting up 2025-2026 as the ALL IN season if any, and leaving enough pieces in place not to tank this year, but to provide plenty of room for the next generation of star players and coaches.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep seeing all the threads about conspiracy theories, and a lot of fans believe there has to be some reason for our inactivity, even though our team is basically doing the same thing it does every year In free agency since Parcells left.

Jerry has no one to blame himself, but I wonder if he realizes the damage from his ALL IN comment.
It's business as usual but the fans think the sky is falling.

Jerry doesn't care what the fans think. That has been proven many times over.

His 'all in' comment meant something completely different than what most would think. But the damage it's causing is unmeasurable!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Jerry has no one to blame himself, but I wonder if he realizes the damage from his ALL IN comment. It’s been three frustrating seasons with 12 wins and high hopes. I think most of us fans felt the team was finally going to shake its Playoff slump. Especially after Jimmy was inducted in the ring of honor.

Do you remember the 2004 Eagles? They had numerous disappointments in the playoffs even though they would destroy us in the regular season. McNabb was labeled a choker, although in their defense, they made it to the NFC championship game. In 2004, Jeff Lurie basically went ALL IN. He hired TO, Jevon Kearse, Dhani Jones and others in free agency. He also brought back some departures like Hugh Douglas and Jeremiah Trotter. Eagles went to the Super Bowl that year, where they choked it away again.

I’m just curious, though, did a lot of you out there think that the Cowboys were going to do something similar? One last hoorah with Big Mac, Dak, Tyron/Zack, Tank and others? Sort of feels like the team is setting up 2025-2026 as the ALL IN season if any, and leaving enough pieces in place not to tank this year, but to provide plenty of room for the next generation of star players and coaches.
Jerry massively overreached with the ALL IN proclamations.
This fan base was already seriously pissed over the green bay disaster then to say he was going all in just to sit on his hands in free agency has pushed many to the ledge.