Jerry Jones Considering Letting HBO Follow The Cowboys In The Regular Season

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
I have been on a plane for the last 6 hours. I did not see this one. Last try for the night...sorry for repost

Source: awfulannouncing.blogspot.com

As if the Dallas Cowboys didn't have enough to worry about, now HBO Sports is trying to convince Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones to let HBO hang around for an entire season. Via the SA Express News....

HBO Sport president Ross Greenburg said he hasn’t ruled out the Cowboys being on “Hard Knocks” next summer when they return to San Antonio for camp.

Greenburg said he also recently talked with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about doing a series during the season.

“You never know,” Greenburg said Monday when asked if the Cowboys could be featured on “Hard Knocks” in back-to-back years. “I’d never rule it out because Jerry thinks so progressively, so dynamically, and this is a team that is on the cusp of doing something great this year. If they were to win the Super Bowl, it wouldn’t be bad to do the Super Bowl champions (on ‘Hard Knocks’).

“The other thing is (Jones) opened the door in a conference call last Friday to doing (a series on) the Cowboys during the regular season. Can you imagine? That’s a dream we’ve always had, so maybe someday that will happen as well.”
Obviously it wouldn't be until next season, and I certainly wouldn't disapprove of the idea, but talk about a huge distraction. If the Cowboys exit in the Playoffs again this year they'd be idiots to even consider this. I'm certainly not rooting for the team (lord knows), but you have to limit the distractions as best you can. I also read that Jerry Jones thinks that HBO's coverage of the team would actually help them train. Ummm suuuuuure. We shall see, overlord.

In the end, a whole season of Hard Knocks would be like NFL Films on steroids though. How awesome would that be? Especially if the team is full of plotlines like the Cowboys.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Who cares? NFL Films are always around during the season anyway.

BigWillie

Reaction score
TheKey;2177331 said:
Who cares? NFL Films are always around during the season anyway.

But a weekly look at the Cowboys and no one else?

I'd love it from a fan standpoint. But I have to wonder how aggravating it would be from the players and coaches perspective.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
BigWillie;2177343 said:

I'd love it from a fan standpoint. But I have to wonder how aggravating it would be from the players and coaches perspective.

Im just saying the players are used to seeing cameras during the season.

playmakers

Reaction score
I always said they should film hard knocks regular season and start with week one from the reg season in mid-Feb.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Gryphon;2177319 said:
I have been on a plane for the last 6 hours. I did not see this one. Last try for the night...sorry for repost

Source: awfulannouncing.blogspot.com

As if the Dallas Cowboys didn't have enough to worry about, now HBO Sports is trying to convince Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones to let HBO hang around for an entire season. Via the SA Express News....

HBO Sport president Ross Greenburg said he hasn’t ruled out the Cowboys being on “Hard Knocks” next summer when they return to San Antonio for camp.

Greenburg said he also recently talked with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about doing a series during the season.

“You never know,” Greenburg said Monday when asked if the Cowboys could be featured on “Hard Knocks” in back-to-back years. “I’d never rule it out because Jerry thinks so progressively, so dynamically, and this is a team that is on the cusp of doing something great this year. If they were to win the Super Bowl, it wouldn’t be bad to do the Super Bowl champions (on ‘Hard Knocks’).

“The other thing is (Jones) opened the door in a conference call last Friday to doing (a series on) the Cowboys during the regular season. Can you imagine? That’s a dream we’ve always had, so maybe someday that will happen as well.”
Obviously it wouldn't be until next season, and I certainly wouldn't disapprove of the idea, but talk about a huge distraction. If the Cowboys exit in the Playoffs again this year they'd be idiots to even consider this. I'm certainly not rooting for the team (lord knows), but you have to limit the distractions as best you can. I also read that Jerry Jones thinks that HBO's coverage of the team would actually help them train. Ummm suuuuuure. We shall see, overlord.

In the end, a whole season of Hard Knocks would be like NFL Films on steroids though. How awesome would that be? Especially if the team is full of plotlines like the Cowboys.

Dude, you must have a butt load of time on your hands to come up with the sites you post off of on here. awfulannouncing.blogspot.com?????????????????????????? good Lord:lmao2:

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BigWillie;2177343 said:

Aggravating or not, I'd think it would give our opponents and advantage. Even 2 weeks old, it's giving away the inner workings during the year and showing how we game plan.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Well it is the current world we live and even moreso the future.

All ____________ All the time. Fill in the blank with whatever you like.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2177386 said:
he should its the last year we going to be in the stadium y not go all out.

They're talking about next year. It would be in the new stadium.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
tomson75;2177398 said:
They're talking about next year. It would be in the new stadium.

And there is your reason. Jerry has staked everything he is on this new stadium. He talks it up more than he does rookie players!

If he were to allow hbo in for the whole season I would have to think it would be to showcase the stadium more than anything.

I bet a good portion of this hard knocks is dedicated to showcasing the new stadium.