Jerry Jones: 'I am disappointed'

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
J
3:24 PM Tue, Oct 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Speaking with reporters at the NFL meetings in Florida, Jerry Jones said he was sorry about the negative publicity that Adam Jones has caused the Cowboys and the league. He almost sounded like a man who is ready to wash his hands of Adam Jones for good.

"I am disappointed," Jerry Jones said. "I really felt there was a good plan in place, but everybody has to cooperate to make a good plan work and we just didn't get it done."

When asked how much time he's spent talking to Goodell on this issue, Jerry Jones said, "Far too many times."

"Far too much investment in the commissioner's time and my time over the last several days," Jerry Jones said. "I think we've talked on this matter a minimum of five or six and face to face four or five times.

"The type of investment in time that my office and I have made on a personal basis, it is disappointing. But the promise of a good ending always will get my attention and so many times will get my effort."

Jones added: "I am sorry that we've had the negative publicity that is the price that we pay for the team, as well as the NFL. I regret that."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Ya'll can hate Jerry all you want. I think he is one hell of an honorable man.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile;2339393 said:

No kidding. I love JJ. He is an awesome human being and GM of this team.

People that hate just to hate will always hate. I can ignore pretty good now.

Woods

Reaction score
JJ can't hit on all of the FAs and other veteran pick-ups. No one is going to have a 100% hit rate. But JJ tries to always improve the team.

We DID hit on TO big time, as well as Hamlin, L Davis, and I think also on Z Thomas. Plus, guys like Colombo.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hostile;2339393 said:

Simply put, Jerry is the best owner in the NFL, hands down.

A good man and he cares about the team and fans.

joseephuss

Reaction score
When asked earlier in the day why a deal with Detroit was not yet completed, Jerry Jones said "I am disappointed. I really felt there was a good plan in place, but everybody has to cooperate to make a good plan work and we just didn't get it done."

He added, "The type of investment in time that my office and I have made on a personal basis, it is disappointing. But the promise of a good ending always will get my attention and so many times will get my effort."

By the end of the day Jerry was feeling much happier. ;)

adamknite

Reaction score
Reminds me of when we cut Quincy Carter and Jerry looked so disappointed about it/him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mr Cowboy;2339373 said:
J
3:24 PM Tue, Oct 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

Speaking with reporters at the NFL meetings in Florida, Jerry Jones said he was sorry about the negative publicity that Adam Jones has caused the Cowboys and the league. He almost sounded like a man who is ready to wash his hands of Adam Jones for good.

"I am disappointed," Jerry Jones said. "I really felt there was a good plan in place, but everybody has to cooperate to make a good plan work and we just didn't get it done."

When asked how much time he's spent talking to Goodell on this issue, Jerry Jones said, "Far too many times."

"Far too much investment in the commissioner's time and my time over the last several days," Jerry Jones said. "I think we've talked on this matter a minimum of five or six and face to face four or five times.

"The type of investment in time that my office and I have made on a personal basis, it is disappointing. But the promise of a good ending always will get my attention and so many times will get my effort."

Jones added: "I am sorry that we've had the negative publicity that is the price that we pay for the team, as well as the NFL. I regret that."
I wish some Adam Jones fans understood what that word in red really means.

fortdick

Reaction score
ROYDESTROY;2339412 said:
Simply put, Jerry is the best owner in the NFL, hands down.

A good man and he cares about the team and fans.

C'mon!

Al Davis is going into the HoF!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fortdick;2339462 said:
C'mon!

Al Davis is going into the HoF!
Here's a sneak peek at Davis' Hall of Fame bust...

ck_faced.jpg

cowboyed

Reaction score
Hostile;2339393 said:

I am so with you Hostile. Some people disrespect him, hateful fans blame him for everything that goes wrong and cackle about Jerry just wanting to desperately be in the limelight. All I can say is they are narrow minded and very misguided.

Jerry Jones is one of the best owners in this league and to me he is the ultimate fan of the Dallas Cowboys. He has made his share of mistakes but has done everything in his power and financially to field a high quality team going on 2 decades.

I am grateful for the game of professional football and proud to be a Dallas Cowboys fan especially with Jerry being the owner. Yes this team stumbles but it gets right back up to pursue its never ending quest for greatness.

Thank you for providing fans another gift of hope this season, Jerry, by going right after Roy Williams and getting him!

Stick that up your smug heinies - haters.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;2339393 said:

Honorable, visionary and proactive.

I don't like anybody even thinking he failed on this. PacMan failed.

Jerra, you remain the best owner in the National Football League.

joseephuss

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2339536 said:
Honorable, visionary and proactive.

I don't like anybody even thinking he failed on this. PacMan failed.

Jerra, you remain the best owner in the National Football League.

You are right Jerry did not fail. He made a good move. I did not agree with bringing in Pac, but the way Jerry did it was pretty bright. He worked the deal in a manner that Dallas gets compensated if Pac got in trouble again. He gave him no signing bonus and a low salary. The salary only goes up if Pac not only proved himself worth, but continued to prove himself each season. Jerry also went out and drafted two good young CBs.

I know the sports media will talk about how Jerry gambled and lost big, but it is not true. Jerry hedged his bets well. Dallas may even get Pac back after 4 games. It was actually a series of smart moves by Jerry. Kind of artistic as far as football moves are concerned. Similar to TO's contract essentially being a series of one year deals with the way the bonus money is spread out. Jerry has earned his share of criticism, but I don't think this is one of them. He has not hurt this team long term with how he handled the Pacman deal.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Dallas;2339406 said:
No kidding. I love JJ. He is an awesome human being and GM of this team.

People that hate just to hate will always hate. I can ignore pretty good now.

Please, tell me what you know of Jerry as a human being. And PR moves like donating money to charity dont count.

Dont lump things together just because he is a good owner and good GM of your favorite football team. I'm guessing you and most of us, know nothing about Jerry as a person.

cowboyed

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2339859 said:
Please, tell me what you know of Jerry as a human being. And PR moves like donating money to charity dont count.

Dont lump things together just because he is a good owner and good GM of your favorite football team. I'm guessing you and most of us, know nothing about Jerry as a person.

I don't believe Jerry Jones donates money to charity as a PR move. I am sure he does recognize the positive PR aspects of it but that is icing on the cake.

It has been widely reported that he is great with fans, concerned about his players beyond the bottom line and is a hard driven but positive easy going guy.

I think, despite not living in Jerry's household I still could err on the side of positiveness and form an opinion that Jerry is an accomplished imperfect being, but nevertheless generally good person just like most of us.