Jerry Jones on being optimistic about getting a deal done with CeeDee Lamb

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
"On the defensive line: “We’re probably not through there.”"

I wonder what Jerry is cooking up. Will we go out and get another DT or some pass rush help.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

How about this Jerry.

You make Dak play the first half Saturday with the same scrubs that Lance has to play with and see if he does any better.

He won't.

That's why you traded a first round pick in 2018 for Amari Cooper. Because Dak was looking HORRIBLE with NFL caliber WRs while Lance is having to play future gas station employees.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys top brass - Jerry and Stephen - IMO are foolish when they talk publicly about “how negotiations are going” with any player in any contract situation. They seem to think that if they can sway public opinion somehow to “their side” it will push a player to sign a deal more conducive to the team’s liking.

I honestly believe Jerry thinks it’s all part of the entertainment process he so loves. It not only doesn‘t work, in fact it often drives a player and their agent to dig their heels in deeper. Rarely do you see a player’s agent come out and speak publicly about “how the negotiations are going”. And as far as fans go, I could not care less what JJ thinks about anyone’s contract negotiations. Probably 99% of what he’s saying is pure bull excrement.

The BEST deals for both sides usually happen quickly and with almost no public comments made by either side. What matters to fans? Either getting a deal done (or not) and moving on. Period. Just shut Jerry and give us the best team you can. Contract negotiations are not entertaining.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys top brass - Jerry and Stephen - IMO are foolish when they talk publicly about “how negotiations are going” with any player in any contract situation. They seem to think that if they can sway public opinion somehow to “their side” it will push a player to sign a deal more conducive to the team’s liking.

I honestly believe Jerry thinks it’s all part of the entertainment process he so loves. It not only doesn‘t work, in fact it often drives a player and their agent to dig their heels in deeper. Rarely do you see a player’s agent come out and speak publicly about “how the negotiations are going”. And as far as fans go, I could not care less what JJ thinks about anyone’s contract negotiations. Probably 99% of what he’s saying is pure bull excrement.

The BEST deals for both sides usually happen quickly and with almost no public comments made by either side. What matters to fans? Either getting a deal done (or not) and moving on. Period. Just shut Jerry and give us the best team you can. Contract negotiations are not entertaining.
Amen Bob!