Jerry should go ahead and ink Dak to the largest contract in NFL history

leeblair

Reaction score
Jerry destroyed the Dallas Cowboys in 1993 when his pride wouldn't let Jimmy Johnson stay in Dallas peacefully.
He shoved Jason Garrett down the fans throats for 13 years rather than hire a competent head coach.
He gave Dak a huge contract last time despite his choking away the Division and showing that he would disappear every time the game would get tough and the Cowboys needed him to lead.
I, for one, am sick of it all. Jerry should go ahead and sign Dak to the largest contract in the history of the NFL and finish turning the once proud franchise into the circus he has ran for years.
I like Dak as a person; he is simply not quarterback material. He can't help that he doesn't have the instincts to lead, and there appears to be no one who knows how to help him overcome it.
Greatness in Dallas is a thing of the past. They don't know what it is, or how to find it. There are some great players there, but their careers are wasted in Dallas with hype, but no substance.
At least if Jerry signs Dak it will bring about an end to the illusion that they might one day be the franchise they once were.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry destroyed the Dallas Cowboys in 1993 when his pride wouldn't let Jimmy Johnson stay in Dallas peacefully.
He shoved Jason Garrett down the fans throats for 13 years rather than hire a competent head coach.
He gave Dak a huge contract last time despite his choking away the Division and showing that he would disappear every time the game would get tough and the Cowboys needed him to lead.
I, for one, am sick of it all. Jerry should go ahead and sign Dak to the largest contract in the history of the NFL and finish turning the once proud franchise into the circus he has ran for years.
I like Dak as a person; he is simply not quarterback material. He can't help that he doesn't have the instincts to lead, and there appears to be no one who knows how to help him overcome it.
Greatness in Dallas is a thing of the past. They don't know what it is, or how to find it. There are some great players there, but their careers are wasted in Dallas with hype, but no substance.
At least if Jerry signs Dak it will bring about an end to the illusion that they might one day be the franchise they once were.
Make this franchise a circus?
Bro, it's been circus for years!

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I'd argue we have ran out of hype, too. At this point, it doesn't even matter if we sign Dak and break the bank for him, Lamb, and Parsons. Or don't. Trade them, whatever. If any of us thought Daddy&Son had any sort of plan after this wasted year, maybe it would be worth some thought. But, at least Jerry doesn't have to worry about "dead coach money". The wealthiest team needs to watch out for stuff like that.