Jerry talks possibility of trading for veteran players post draft

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Yeah, I think all the hand-wringing about the RB situation all over this board likely is uninformed. Jerry seemed so intent for Stephen to talk about the trade route.. Might not only be adding Zeke, but plausibly any of the teams that added an RB early in the draft could be willing/interested in trade talks about someone already on their roster. And as many realize, there's been talk for weeks now that the Texans might be seeking to move Dameon Pierce.
I think it is more likely Jerry understands the fan base is not happy with the RB/DT situation so let's convince the fans we are turning over every stone.

He actually responded to a reporter yesterday when asked about not getting a RB that the draft was not over, there's a thought.

Just keep showing the shiny object,

ICP

Reaction score
I pretty much ignore any thread that begins with "Jerry talks"

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah, I think all the hand-wringing about the RB situation all over this board likely is uninformed. Jerry seemed so intent for Stephen to talk about the trade route.. Might not only be adding Zeke, but plausibly any of the teams that added an RB early in the draft could be willing/interested in trade talks about someone already on their roster. And as many realize, there's been talk for weeks now that the Texans might be seeking to move Dameon Pierce.
A trade is really the only route left to try to improve the position. We can bring in Elliott, and I'm OK with that, but if he's the starter, then we won't have improved over what we had. He's not that guy anymore.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it is more likely Jerry understands the fan base is not happy with the RB/DT situation so let's convince the fans we are turning over every stone.

He actually responded to a reporter yesterday when asked about not getting a RB that the draft was not over, there's a thought.

Just keep showing the shiny object,
I don't think we can get a good DT. No one is going to trade one of those right now. But a back is definitely something we could pick up in a trade. I'd also like to see us still try to upgrade receiver, bringing in someone who can be that third guy instead of having to rely on unknowns ... but I don't think that's something we would do until near the end of camp.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Here's the one name... barely a "veteran"... that I'm finding as a plausible option, if we agree on the premise that whoever they would trade for would be (a) pretty cheap and (b) comparatively fast...

The Jets drafted a 4th round and a 5th round RB today, to add to their starter Breece Hall, plausibly making it difficult to justify keeping Isreal Abanikanda. Though Abanikanda brings speed to their RB room at a stronger level than those other three, the Jets' salary cap situation is fairly acute, and it would seem a luxury to list 4 RBs on their depth chart.

Nickyp

Reaction score
The talk about trading for vets and then mentioning Quinn and players that may fit better in other places had me a little confused. Please dont tell me we gonna trade for some Commanders scrubs

Reaction score

All joking aside, Jerry and Co have managed to pull in some half-decent stop gap players on 1 yr deals recently.

0_Image.jpg

Verdict

Reaction score
We can also go to the well one more time and trade Dexter Coakley and Troy Hambrick for a stud running back.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Here's the one name... barely a "veteran"... that I'm finding as a plausible option, if we agree on the premise that whoever they would trade for would be (a) pretty cheap and (b) comparatively fast...

The Jets drafted a 4th round and a 5th round RB today, to add to their starter Breece Hall, plausibly making it difficult to justify keeping Isreal Abanikanda. Though Abanikanda brings speed to their RB room at a stronger level than those other three, the Jets' salary cap situation is fairly acute, and it would seem a luxury to list 4 RBs on their depth chart.

Liked him last year..... :popcorn:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll believe Jerry's comments about resolving our RB problems in the weeks to come when it happens. :huh:
Does he ever make false claims? He recently stated that Zeke is still well worthy of a #1 draft pick . . . :facepalm:

It may be wise to refrain from holding your breath for that to materialize. If you do, prepare to suffocate! :muttley:

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Same procedure as last year ma'am?
Yes James, same procedure as every year!

The guy doesnt even need to be creative anymore. You could have a puppet sitting there and it would have the same effect: People will post his crap and start talking and trying to make sense out of this rubbish.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Trading what, and for what? Vets on the street? Mr. Snake Oil has a selling job to do before regatta season

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Oh no....please don't let this senile, liver spotted, yellow toothed plastic surgery deformed urine soaked geezer call up one of these 45 year old hot shot GMs with Law Degrees and multiple PhD's and try to engage them in a trade.

Jerruh will end up signing over ownership of the franchise in exchange for a 7th round pick and a box of Depends

stinkface

Reaction score
Sadly, I am starting to think Jerry is turning into a politician who can effortlessly talk out of both sides of his mouth. Actions speak louder then words.