Jerry the GM.....Ending?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
To me Jerry looked as broken down as Wade did after the game, don't remember seeing Jerry ever look that sober and really had no silver lining or positive spin, very abnormal for him.

I'm just wondering and maybe this is wishful thinking but could Jerry be possibly realizing his time as GM is slowly coming to an end? That maybe he can't do it anymore and maybe near handing things over to Stephen?

I don't know, it's just a thought that dawned on me as I watched him in the post game interview. What do ya'll think?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
He's basically a GM in name only right now as it is. Unless we brought in a new GM and overhauled our scouting department as well, I don't think much would change.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They asked him after the game and he basically said "Hell no!"

The best we can hope for is that the new coach gets authority and freedom to pick his own staff, ENTIRELY, and also some input in roster moves.

Dee88

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3679110 said:
They asked him after the game and he basically said "Hell no!"

The best we can hope for is that the new coach gets authority and freedom to pick his own staff, ENTIRELY, and also some input in roster moves.

It takes a lot to fire yourself, especially with an ego like Jerry's.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Dee88;3679113 said:
It takes a lot to fire yourself, especially with an ego like Jerry's.
Hopefully a 1-15 year will do it because that's where this thing is headed. Maybe that ego will biodegrade with every blowout loss.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Nope cuz Wade's the fall guy... none of this will reflect on Jerry Jones. Which is sad...

The only way Jerry stops begin GM is if he has a guy he hand selected Ryan Leaf him. Bust to the point of being so bad, Jerry the GM is made a fool of. And even when that was happening during the Campo years... he didn't leave.

I think Jones is the GM for this team until he can't do it anymore. ie roll out of bed and play GM. IF it it's anything like it is in Detroit with the Ford family... it could be a long 50 years for us. :bang2:

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- While Jerry Jones indicated that major changes are coming, he made it clear that he doesn't intend to fire himself as general manager.

"Don’t imply that my role is going to change at all," Jones said. "Don’t do that. You’ll get something stuck."

There aren't many other Cowboys employees whose jobs are safe at the moment, as should be the case when a team expected to contend falls to 1-7 after its fifth consecutive loss.

"I had felt that there were parts of our team that had fundamental soundness," Jones said. "We didn’t have any soundness out there tonight. Certainly, when you address that, you can address a lot of things -- the people that play the game, the people that coach the game, the people that make the decisions about the people that play and coach the game. All of those things should be addressed."

You could certainly argue that Jones' role should also be addressed, but that isn't going to

maybe next year

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
"the people that make the decisions about the people that play and coach the game. All of those things should be addressed"

:bang2: