Jerry: The Salesman

Ben7

Reaction score
One thing you have to give Jerry is he's a Helluva Salesman. Every preseason he has all this Optimism for getting back to the Super Bowl like when they talk to him on Channel 8 news. He'll have all us believing. 28 years of hoping and believing :laugh:

Asklesko

Reaction score
That's what he does. If he moped around or purported himself with a stone face, things would be very different around here. And if he gets the fans believing, can you imagine how he makes the players feel?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good interview With Howie’s Boy, Chris. Jerry has no one but himself to blame but he feels it same as us.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
One thing you have to give Jerry is he's a Helluva Salesman. Every preseason he has all this Optimism for getting back to the Super Bowl like when they talk to him on Channel 8 news. He'll have all us believing. 28 years of hoping and believing :laugh:
Not all of us. Just the low I.Q. Dallas fans who fall for the time honored okie doke.

plymkr

Reaction score
Jerry isn’t a salesman he’s a narcissist. I said this in another post but Jerry has turned this once proud franchise into an ongoing reality show. The jist of the reality show is about a guys that play football. I don’t think Jerry has will to win. He’s a show producer and he’s selling the reality show of football.

He’s a liar when he says he feels bad for the fans and the fans deserve better. You know the typical speech he gives after each playoff loss. In the spring and summer he’ll start drumming up the advertising for the Cowboys reality show season with no concern about competition, only concern about viewers.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Jerry isn’t a salesman he’s a narcissist. I said this in another post but Jerry has turned this once proud franchise into an ongoing reality show. The jist of the reality show is about a guys that play football. I don’t think Jerry has will to win. He’s a show producer and he’s selling the reality show of football.

He’s a liar when he says he feels bad for the fans and the fans deserve better. You know the typical speech he gives after each playoff loss. In the spring and summer he’ll start drumming up the advertising for the Cowboys reality show season with no concern about competition, only concern about viewers.
Who is more at fault? Jerry the snake oil salesman or the hordes of Cowboy fans who give him their money for the same okie doke every year. Definition of insanity.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Every season, Jerry is disappointed for the fans. Why we got to have an owner who is disappointed every year? Take that “disappointed” speech we’ve been getting seemingly every year and stick it where the sun don’t shine.

plymkr

Reaction score
Who is more at fault? Jerry the snake oil salesman or the hordes of Cowboy fans who give him their money for the same okie doke every year. Definition of insanity.
Totally the hordes of fans. No argument there. We as fans are enabling Jerry the narcissist.

This particular fan doesn’t like reality shows and if Jerry brings back the usual suspects then I don’t see myself getting into as much. If at all. Again, it’s not football anymore, it’s show business and marketing, but no substance. Sucks cuz I’ve been a loyal fan for 48 years but I feel Jerry is breaking me.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are so many Homers in our fan base nothing that Jerry does will have any impact on his stroking his massive ego or counting his profits.
May the winds of fate take pity on us.................

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you are held hostage as a fan over decades, sadly eventually “Stockholm Syndrome” kicks in.

This is where the captive begins to believe in their captors, thinking “Yes I’m a hostage, but I sympathize with my captors because I have no choice.” It ends up being magical thinking.

It’s 3 decades of mediocrity with the exact same leadership. And somehow we are all supposed to believe that if we just change head coaches for 7th time or change coordinators for the 9th time, with the exact same GM, all will work out.

It makes no sense without being a fan. I have friends and family members who aren’t Cowboys fans who get this. And laugh every year when another playoff failure happens and say, “Why do you fall for this every year?”

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you sheep will be back next year, falling in line talking playoffs, superbowl again next year. Then a wolf comes along and smacks you up against your head and you learn you got sucker in again.

"What does sheep say?"

leeblair

Reaction score
I doubt anyone will believe him anymore.
Unless Dak is cut and real change takes place, everyone knows how the story ends.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It look's like Lions fans are finally escaping their captivity. Washington has new ownership so they've escape. What'll we have, another 35 years with Jerry and Son?