Jim Nagy: The 2025 draft class will be the largest ever

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Interesting but it supports the theory that this current draft class is thin and top heavy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
COVID and now the Transfer Portal really changed things. COVID should have pushed them all into this draft, but with players being able to make multiple transfers without having to sit out, it’s extending their collegiate careers.

There are 4 or 5 draftable Quarterbacks that should be in this draft but will now be at a new school (Notre Dame, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State) next season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
COVID and now the Transfer Portal really changed things. COVID should have pushed them all into this draft, but with players being able to make multiple transfers without having to sit out, it’s extending their collegiate careers.

There are 4 or 5 draftable Quarterbacks that should be in this draft but will now be at a new school (Notre Dame, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State) next season.
So basically we will see the effects of COVID and the impact of the transfer portal in the 2025 draft.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Interesting but it supports the theory that this current draft class is thin and top heavy.
Yeah I’ve heard for awhile now that it isn’t deep. Really thin after the first 3-4 rounds. And we only have 3 picks before the comp section at the end of the 5th while having at least 7 needs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't expect foresight from the Joneses on this year's draft, it's fantasy to believe they know anything about next year's draft.

I look at these extra guys as just more guys to evaluate, and not necessarily better players. Older players, but if they were good would they be available...would they've left sooner than '25?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I heard teams want to draft way day 3 picks this yr for future selections. This tells me that the depth of the draft isn't good and will be much better next season.