Jimmy Johnson took away Romo's dump off to the RB's.....

noletime95

Reaction score
Romo has been killing teams with the dump off, proving it wasn't a good idea to choose a slow death. Teams have been playing Dallas scared for the most part. Romo simply didn't make the Eagles pay for this philosophy. dropping Cole into coverage as an example was a nice move. Romo's first pass of the game is a perfect example when he missed TO for six.

Outside of the ball to Crayton, there wasn't a single excellent pass the entire game.......Hate to beat a dead horse, as everyone knows TR just had a bad day, but I think he's gotten used to that security blanket of always being able to dump it to Barber or JJ if nothing else is there.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
All QB's like a release.

What I saw more of was pressure that was constantly making Romo uncomfortable and the coverage all in all was ok. Romo also missed a lot of throws he normally makes.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I missed it, did Jimmy Johnson let the cat out of the bag about the dump off passes or something?

noletime95

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1838965 said:
I missed it, did Jimmy Johnson let the cat out of the bag about the dump off passes or something?

I'm not saying it was a blueprint, just suggesting its very easy to get your rythem and move the chains by dumping the ball the RB's. Romo simply never got comfortable today.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Nors;1838962 said:
All QB's like a release.

What I saw more of was pressure that was constantly making Romo uncomfortable and the coverage all in all was ok. Romo also missed a lot of throws he normally makes.

Totally agree with you on that Nors.

Defenses have tried to take things away from Romo all season. USUALLY he winds up lighting them up with deep throws if they are taking the short stuff away... or dumping it off if they are worrying about the deep stuff. Today, he had TO open on several deep plays and simply missed the throws. He was innaccurate all game except the few good throws he made to Witten.

Philly actually has a very good defense IMO.. better than they get credit for. Look how they did against the Pats for example.

CantonBound08

Reaction score
Nors;1838962 said:
All QB's like a release.

Yep, Aikman would wear Emmitt and Moose out on the dump offs...and Novacek didn't hurt over the middle either.

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1838965 said:

He meant the Philly Defensive Coordinator, not the former Cowboys coach.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TEK2000;1838993 said:

Defenses have tried to take things away from Romo all season. USUALLY he winds up lighting them up with deep throws if they are taking the short stuff away... or dumping it off if they are worrying about the deep stuff. Today, he had TO open on several deep plays and simply missed the throws. He was innaccurate all game except the few good throws he made to Witten.

Philly actually has a very good defense IMO.. better than they get credit for. Look how they did against the Pats for example.

I hope there's no jealousy on TO's part about the great rapport between Romo and Witten - roommates on the road, a great tandem on the field. I hope TO really is into the TEAM concept because if not, it could be a problem at some point. Romo said something to TO on the sideline and TO seemed to glare at him a bit. Of course, winning is the best deodorant. I hope we get back on track against Carolina.

sbark

Reaction score
TEK2000;1838993 said:

Appears the Thumb was dinged up prior to or during warmups????

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
luvtheboys;1839014 said:
He meant the Philly Defensive Coordinator, not the former Cowboys coach.

Isn't his name spelled Jimmie Johnson? It threw me off, duh.:eek::

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I think he goes by Jim Johnson. Jimmy is reserved for the former Cowboys coach, only.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
What happened to our offfense is simple. We didn't run the ball. Makes stopping an offense much easier.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Star4Ever;1839158 said:
What happened to our offfense is simple. We didn't run the ball. Makes stopping an offense much easier.

That...and the Eagles focused on taking Owens out of the game. I think that after he had that hot stretch, teams realized, better shot at letting Witten have some room underneath, than letting Owens run free deep.

AND I think what the Cowboys did today was force the ball to Owens...which they haven't done all year. And that really backfired.

I hope Glenn came come back. That might loosen things up a bit.