Jimmy podcast: "This is not a soft team"

JerryFan

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2982628 said:
its not about who makes the most biggest great plays but who makes the fewest bad plays that wins games, jimmy johnson saying that again; :star:

And it's so true. You've got to be consistent and put yourself in position to make big plays. You do that by being the correct position and doing your job, which leads to not making many bad plays.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
cowboys are talented enough, and good enough, going to be games you have to let romo loose, but you dont have to do it every week

he has to realize he doesnt have to carry team on his back, but be a part of the team

he told wade this morning, if one team can turn it over 4 times, tells me that tgeam is a lot better than the giants, but that team just cant turn it over

on soft team from sapp comments; no, they are not a soft team, a year ago they were sloppy team and last week against giants there were sloppy, but they are running the football, no they arent soft

defensively, how they had to approcach giants, they were affective, when u shut down run, its hard to shut down passer, giants are a good football team, and you didnt play at your best when you had a chance to beat them

on no turnovers and int, yes i would have a sit down with guy turning the ball over, and i would be screaming for a week if we didnt have no turnovers or sacks, id have some counseling sessioins for guy that turned it over

i think the future is bright for the cowboys, im not accepting the playing like against the giants, but their is a future for this team, and its bright;

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
JerryFan;2982633 said:
And it's so true. You've got to be consistent and put yourself in position to make big plays. You do that by being the correct position and doing your job, which leads to not making many bad plays.

exactly and the head coach and coaches must put players in position during practices to make those plays when they come up in the game

JerryFan

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2982648 said:
exactly and the head coach and coaches must put players in position during practices to make those plays when they come up in the game

I think our coaches more often then not have our guys where they need to be. Sometimes credit is due to the other team for execution, and making the perfect play call.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This must have been before the MNF game. Once again, Jimmy just gets it.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Hey, CLab, thanks for posting this. There's some good stuff from Jimmy. I really like hearing his insight on our team. I value his opinion more than a lot of the mouths that love to spout off about the Cowboys.

Jimmy really likes our team and Tony. I like that he said this team is better than the giants. I don't believe I've heard anyone else say that and I don't believe that is homer speak, either. He brought up the fact that even with all of our turnovers, against the giants, that they had to kick a last minute fg to squeak by us. It's encouraging listening to him.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Good stuff. Thanks for posting, CL.

There are certain coaches who cause me to sit at the edge of my seat when they talk. They're analytical and their opinion carries a lot of weight. Jimmy is one of those.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Chief;2982926 said:

There are certain coaches who cause me to sit at the edge of my seat when they talk. They're analytical and their opinion carries a lot of weight. Jimmy is one of those.
couldnt agree more chief

you should always listen to what jimmy has to say

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Jimmy's wrong, this is a soft team; at least that is what I read on CZ everyday.:rolleyes:

Now, that was some great stuff from Jimmy. And thanks for posting the link CL.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
The offense does not appear to be soft, but the defense may be another story. With the pilsbury doughboy leading you, how tough can you be? After all the defense was ranked #32 before last weeks game....sounds soft to me.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Chief;2982926 said:

Much like when you hear Wade has a new tweet, I'm sure. :)