Jimmy Williams

JonCJG

Reaction score
Delete if repost.

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

Hokie CB pro day sighting… Figure that the wire will be full of stories late tomorrow on Texas QB Vince Young’s workout later today. For some reason that wasn’t the case for Virginia Tech CB Jimmy Williams, a top 15 prospect who didn’t run at the Combine, whose on-campus workout late last week went virtually unreported. We finally tracked some news over at The Sporting News. The news, though, wasn’t all that great for Williams, who measured in at 6-2, 216 and ran the 40 in the mid-4.4s, but reportedly wasn’t all that impressive in some of the other physical skills. For example, Williams was only able to post a 33 inch vertical leap and pressed only 12 reps benching 225 pounds, while his times in the quickness and agility portion of the drills were average at best. Those times, in fact, re-inforce concerns among some scouts that Williams lacked the overall athleticism to play corner at the next level. Indeed, several teams have reportedly taken Williams right off their boards, at least as a CB. Williams will still get a long look as a safety, the position he played early in his career, but his overall pre-draft grade likely took a major hit.

ghst187

Reaction score
they needed all that testing to figure out that he won't be a good CB in the pros? They could've just asked me, I watched him play a ton of games. He just isn't a good CB. He got roasted a LOT.
Looks like he could be a good FS, but not CB. I thought it was funny someone was planning to use a mid first round pick on such a crummy CB. He's a punk to boot.
Same can be said for Youghboty, although I'm not sure about the punk part.