Joe Buck is a WHIP!

Aven8

Reaction score
I use to like this guy...but he is such a whip now! He could make Chad Hutchinson sound like the second coming of Joe Montana....he just irks me bigtime. Aikman is starting to get on my nerves as well. It's not just the loss....it was bothering me all day yesterday. It must be nice to be paid millions to suck up every week, and give no actual football commentary!

superpunk

Reaction score
Joe Buck was far more level-headed than Aikman in that game.

Especially when discussing what TO did in a game where he wasn't getting the ball - Green Bay. Aikman was almost derogatory in downplaying it, while Buck brought the realistic approach that, while yes it is a WRs job to block downfield, VERY few of them do it or are aggressive in doing it, and almost none will be active in it while not getting the ball.

Buck had the realistic view there.

Marion Barber's a back that's probably not going to last long in the league while Portis is one of his favorite players to watch....ugh

Aven8

Reaction score
superpunk;2295743 said:

Especially when discussing what TO did in a game where he wasn't getting the ball - Green Bay. Aikman was almost derogatory in downplaying it, while Buck brought the realistic approach that, while yes it is a WRs job to block downfield, VERY few of them do it or are aggressive in doing it, and almost none will be active in it while not getting the ball.

Buck had the realistic view there.

Marion Barber's a back that's probably not going to last long in the league while Portis is one of his favorite players to watch....ugh

Do you ever get the feeling that Aikman played for Washington in a past life??? I know he has to be biased, but man!

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
ya Aikman is one my least favorite cowboys even when he actually played for us i never liked him. The cowboys made him who he is today. Without jerry putting together a team like he did, Aikman would not be in the hall of fame. Ok so i needed to vent a little bit....sorry guys.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
superpunk;2295743 said:

I agree.

I like Troy, but he drifted off into some sort of weird place yesterday.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over loud speaker...

Price Check on Sand Removal in womens hygiene, Price Check on Sand Remove in womens hygiene.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2295799 said:
Over loud speaker...

Price Check on Sand Removal in womens hygiene, Price Check on Sand Remove in womens hygiene.
:lmao2:

I like Buck and Aikman. I can't say I disagreed with anything they said yesterday. If I can say it on this forum, they can say it on the air.

khiladi

Reaction score
UDcowboysfan;2295784 said:
ya Aikman is one my least favorite cowboys even when he actually played for us i never liked him. The cowboys made him who he is today. Without jerry putting together a team like he did, Aikman would not be in the hall of fame. Ok so i needed to vent a little bit....sorry guys.

Uh no... Aikman is one of the all-time greats, without question... The timing offense they ran and his accuracy...

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
khiladi;2295833 said:
Uh no... Aikman is one of the all-time greats, without question... The timing offense they ran and his accuracy...
Quincy Carter was better.........:D

DallasDomination

Reaction score
khiladi;2295833 said:

Aikman was clutch in the postseason, that's why he was good. In the regular season He was About as average as they get.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Aven8;2295733 said:
I use to like this guy...but he is such a whip now! He could make Chad Hutchinson sound like the second coming of Joe Montana....he just irks me bigtime. Aikman is starting to get on my nerves as well. It's not just the loss....it was bothering me all day yesterday. It must be nice to be paid millions to suck up every week, and give no actual football commentary!

STARTING ? Really...I guess you werent listening to him the last few years eh?

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
Hostile;2295828 said:
:lmao2:

I like Buck and Aikman. I can't say I disagreed with anything they said yesterday. If I can say it on this forum, they can say it on the air.

when he said he was proud of the development of the Skins offense that was a bit much

1fisher

Reaction score
I can't stand listening to the two of them..... :puke:

Aikman goes out of his way to not sound like a cowboy homer.

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't like Troy as an announcer. Still one of my favorites, but I don't prefer him announcing games.

Joe Buck was better than Troy yesterday, I thought. But I don't like baseball being the story of the first half of the game. That irks me.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Neither one of them really bother me. They're doing their job. I know some get all hurt cause Aikman isn't like Ron and doesn't do everything he can to praise the Cowboys at every turn but he's not bad at what he's doing.

I would like to have the crew that has DJ on it do some Cowboys games though. I really like that crew better than any on any station.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I just want to know what the reference to "WHIP" has to do with anything ?

I have never heard of someone being called a "WHIP".

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2296181 said:
when he said he was proud of the development of the Skins offense that was a bit much

He did use that word and that's strange. Proud? What stake does he have in it?

Wrong choice of words, but it shows the lengths he will go to in order to not sound like a Cowboy homer.