Joe Horn got what he wanted from the NFL

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Joe Horn asked after the Atl tampa game why Falcons HC Mora could use a Cell phone and not get fined well the NFL evidently agreed with him today and fined Mora 25K. I wonder if Horn hadn't spoke up if the NFL would have fined Mora Prob not....

Falcons | Mora fined $25K for cell phone
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:31:48 -0800

ESPNews reports Atlanta Falcons head coach Jim Mora has been fined $25,000 by the NFL for using a cell phone during a Dec. 24, game at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

BTW I don't think Mora should have been fined he was on the sideline trying to get information and not using it in a celebration after a TD.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If that happened the league just lost a lot of credibility in my book in its anti celebration policy.

This is obviosly a ploy to avoid litigation or something lame like that.

Mora was not running to the scoreboard after a touchdown he scored. He was probably calling his wife.

Love the game hate the league. Could be baseball tho. Everything is relative.

joseephuss

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
If that happened the league just lost a lot of credibility in my book in its anti celebration policy.

This is obviosly a ploy to avoid litigation or something lame like that.

Mora was not running to the scoreboard after a touchdown he scored. He was probably calling his wife.

Love the game hate the league. Could be baseball tho. Everything is relative.

It wasn't about celebration or anything like that. The NFL has a rule about no cell phone use on the sidelines or something to that affect. Mora was calling someone to get clarification on whether Atlanta could afford a tie in that game against Tampa. Maybe it was his wife that knew the answer.