Joe's Crab Shack BBQ Crab spice recipe

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Years ago I found the recipe for Joe's BBQ spice seasoning they use on their crab. I LOVE their BBQ'd dungeness.

By a stroke of luck, I found my print-out of the recipe again. Thought I'd share since its one of my favorites. Works great on shrimp and lobster as well.

5 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning

1 teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika)

1 teaspoon MSG

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne

3 tablespoons veggie oil.

Mix all of that together in a bowl and brush it on your steamed/broiled/grilled seafood. I make it in batches and use it like seasoning salt.

Another quick and easy concoction I came up with three weeks ago, a twist on tartar sauce. One of my favorite dipping sauces for shrimp and green onion cakes is a jalepeno tarter sauce.

What I came up with as an alternative is to take off the shelf tarter sauce, and then mix in a good portion of smoked paprika and half as much cayenne pepper. When I'm done with how I like it to taste, the tarter sauce is actually very pinkish from the paprika. It totally changes the flavor profile of the sauce and its a great alternative to remoulade and cocktail sauce for crab cakes when you don't have the time to whip up a roasted bell pepper buerre blanc.

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
There is a website that has all kinds of recipes from restaurants. They had big Mac sause, Wendy's chili and lot of other things. I'll try and find it when I get home.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4494610 said:
There is a website that has all kinds of recipes from restaurants. They had big Mac sause, Wendy's chili and lot of other things. I'll try and find it when I get home.

thousand island dressing