John Clayton on NFL LIVE

links18

Reaction score
......says Johnson will start, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes this week at the QB position. Bollinger has been getting snaps with the first team and Clayton expects him to see game action this week.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Clayton is full of it if he expects to see Bollinger. The Cowboys hope not to put him on the field. They are going to try and run the ball and limit Johnson's exposure. That's not to say they won't play Bollinger if they feel he 'might' be able to get them back into the game. That means bad things have happened.

NMfan

Reaction score
links18;2385825 said:
......says Johnson will start, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes this week at the QB position. Bollinger has been getting snaps with the first team and Clayton expects him to see game action this week.

Well you would expect the second team QB to get some snaps just in case the first gets injured.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2385921 said:
Brad Johnson will play the entire game.

No way. They are putting in some plays for Bollinger to have a 'moving pocket' I think.

Now this may only be after Johnson is completely ineffective for the first half or something.

But I def think we see Bollinger on the field Sunday in some capacity.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2385946 said:
No way. They are putting in some plays for Bollinger to have a 'moving pocket' I think.

Now this may only be after Johnson is completely ineffective for the first half or something.

we have to just to try something different. anybody who has seen Brad play the last 2 weeks knows that crap won't work this week.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jobberone;2385860 said:
Clayton is full of it if he expects to see Bollinger. The Cowboys hope not to put him on the field. They are going to try and run the ball and limit Johnson's exposure. That's not to say they won't play Bollinger if they feel he 'might' be able to get them back into the game. That means bad things have happened.

I dont see us having much success running on the Giants front 7...we had a few decent plays vs St Louis and Tampa, but for the most part we struggled against them, and if we cant run on those teams we probably arnt going to on the NYG either. The Giants will load up even more to stop the run and get people in the backfield...we had guys open all over vs Tampa, and we can make plays on the Giants secondary too, but we gotta get the ball downfield and it has to be thrown with some accuracy. Something BJ has done none of so far.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2385946 said:

You don't know how Johnson will perform. I have my doubts but again he made the throws he needs to make in preseason. I can't explain why he doesn't do it now but there are some reasons. Pressure and throwing off his back foot. Rusty. Needs to get his game timing with those WRs. Needs to see the field. You have to play at game speed in order for things to slow down. At first it's hard to see it then it comes together. Even a vet QB is going to need to get a feel for it.

I do agree if we get too far behind then Bollinger will likely play. I don't think Johnson can bring us back. I don't think Bollinger can either but he has a better chance of throwing some long balls and getting lucky. Which is why I don't want to see him. I would much rather be in the game and keep Johnson on the field.

Rampage;2385953 said:
we have to just to try something different. anybody who has seen Brad play the last 2 weeks knows that crap won't work this week.

I hope the coaches have better rational than to try something different. Obviously you feel Johnson has no chance to win this. I think if he can get protection, see the field and will trust himself to throw the ball and not guide it in there, then he can play close to what Eli can do. If.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbair1967;2385971 said:
I dont see us having much success running on the Giants front 7...we had a few decent plays vs St Louis and Tampa, but for the most part we struggled against them, and if we cant run on those teams we probably arnt going to on the NYG either. The Giants will load up even more to stop the run and get people in the backfield...we had guys open all over vs Tampa, and we can make plays on the Giants secondary too, but we gotta get the ball downfield and it has to be thrown with some accuracy. Something BJ has done none of so far.

We know this OL can block the Giants. We ran on them in both wins during the regular season and MB had over a 100 in the first half of the playoff loss.

I do worry they will load up the box and then it will be more difficult to run on them. And it may prove too difficult. If they try that then Johnson has to find the one on ones and make some plays. They'll quickly stop that crap and play more honestly. I agree it isn't going to be easy. They are going to have to play like the first of the year when we were running the ball and Romo had all day back there to throw. I won't argue it's a difficult task but it can be done David.