Joke of a power ranking

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
and not just because Cowboys arent #1

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Lions worst team ....i dont think so they fought a valiant battle with GB....Lions are way better than KC, Rams, and Bengals right now

Colts, Pats above Denver.......NO...im not too sure Pit should be above Denver either

Eagles #9 ?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I love the quote for us

"Ladies and gentlemen, we present the most explosive offense in the NFL. Romo, T.O., Barber, Witten, Felix -- plus a gi-normous offensive line that kept Tony Romo from being sacked by the blitz-happy Eagles."

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rampage;2268421 said:
I love the quote for us

"Ladies and gentlemen, we present the most explosive offense in the NFL. Romo, T.O., Barber, Witten, Felix -- plus a gi-normous offensive line that kept Tony Romo from being sacked by the blitz-happy Eagles."

I don't think you can overstate how great we did against their complex pass rush.

Garrett completely outcoached Jim Johnson. He came out with a plan that tore them up in the first half, and Philly adjusted at halftime, but Garrett anticipated the adjustment and opened the second half with a different game plan that continued to torch them. Terrific job.

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
I was just reading another thread about implementing felix jones more and someone posted that pretty soon we'll be adding his name to romo's, witten's, T.O.'s and barber's when describing our offense. Well it looks like Fox Sports has already done so.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
The writeup on the Cheats is just incredibly insane:
Bill Belichick is the best coach of all-time, period. It's very easy to despise his (lack of) human traits publicly, but admire the organization and framework of a team that could start a quarterback who didn't start since high school and beat a team with arguably the greatest passer in NFL history.
So Belicheat is better than Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula and Tom Landry??? I call bull crap!!

Secondly, it's not like Cassell just had a passing contest with Favre. The supporting casts had a lot to do with that win. The story should be that the lowly Jets would have probably won that game if Mangini had not tried to run 3 straight times inside the 5 yard line when he had a QB that's thrown more TDs from that range than any other QB in history.

I'm not arguing the Cheats rating necessarily. I just think the rationale sucks.

sago1

Reaction score
Great. I just decided to give a name to the Romo, TO, Witten & MBIII combo so I wouldn't always have to spend time typing their names. So I decided to simply go with the handle of the "Big Four". Now, for those of you too young to remember back to the Cold War days, the "Big Four" always referred to the 4 superpowers of the US, USSR, England & France. In the 90s we had the Triplets so it's right that now we have the "Big Four".

Now, I find that Fox is starting to include Felix. Heck, what happens next? Do they include Austin, Bennett or Crayton soon? Hmm. No, I think I'll stick with the Big Four until Felix proves himself some more.

Notice I'm not giving a name to our defense; I'll wait until they worthy of a real nickname.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LeonDixson;2268463 said:
The writeup on the Cheats is just incredibly insane:
So Belicheat is better than Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula and Tom Landry??? I call bull crap!!

Secondly, it's not like Cassell just had a passing contest with Favre. The supporting casts had a lot to do with that win. The story should be that the lowly Jets would have probably won that game if Mangini had not tried to run 3 straight times inside the 5 yard line when he had a QB that's thrown more TDs from that range than any other QB in history.

I'm not arguing the Cheats rating necessarily. I just think the rationale sucks.

Hmmm...by the guys logic wouldn't gruden be the bestestes coach evers because he used Brad Johnson to win a superbowl and Brad was not a starter in College?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Not sure about this guy's rankings. I assume "Hi/Low" means the highest and lowest a team has been ranked. We've only played two games this season, so a given team's high or low has to be what they were ranked last week and this week. There are several instances of a team having a high or low ranking that's not possible. For instance, NE is ranked 5th right now, but has a "High/Low" of 2/7. One of those two numbers would have to be 5. Am I missing something?

bobtheflob

Reaction score
LandryFan;2268548 said:
Not sure about this guy's rankings. I assume "Hi/Low" means the highest and lowest a team has been ranked. We've only played two games this season, so a given team's high or low has to be what they were ranked last week and this week. There are several instances of a team having a high or low ranking that's not possible. For instance, NE is ranked 5th right now, but has a "High/Low" of 2/7. One of those two numbers would have to be 5. Am I missing something?

They were ranked 7th last week after Brady's injury. That 2 and the up arrow mean that they moved up two spots this week. They must have been ranked 2nd before week one, so 2/7 is the range in which they've been ranked.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
bobtheflob;2268629 said:
They were ranked 7th last week after Brady's injury. That 2 and the up arrow mean that they moved up two spots this week. They must have been ranked 2nd before week one, so 2/7 is the range in which they've been ranked.

Gothcha. Thanks Bob.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
dadymat;2268418 said:
and not just because Cowboys arent #1

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Lions worst team ....i dont think so they fought a valiant battle with GB....Lions are way better than KC, Rams, and Bengals right now

Colts, Pats above Denver.......NO...im not too sure Pit should be above Denver either

Eagles #9 ?

I'm fine with Pit over Denver, but the Pats, Colts, and Chargers are ranked too high.

There's no way the Titans should have been downgraded after winning 24-7 on the road. Especially since they have a better quarterback now (and I'm a Longhorn fan).

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
VirusX;2268515 said:
France a superpower. :laugh2:

Sure. In their minds theyre still the great Franks defeating the Romans and the entire world. And they think we're arrogant.

EndGame

Reaction score
Forgetting for the moment that the Giants have only beaten a confused looking Washington team and a pathetic Rams team, that list has the Eagles WAY too low. There's no way Philly is only the ninth best team in the league.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
You guys missed the interesting part, the whatifsports rankings where the Cowboys 14 points over the closest rival, if you go down 14 points from 2nd place you drop out of the top 10...