Josh Allen is good but he turns the ball over a lot

reddyuta

Reaction score
His legs worry me a lot.Hurts could have run more if he wanted,the middle opened up like completely on most downs.We need to spy Allen with Bell this game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Buffalo has a high tendency to be their own worst enemy. Be patient and let their screw-ups happen, then take advantage and reap the reward. Josh Allen is a very talented QB who tries hard to do good for his team... sometimes he tries too hard and it leads to turnovers. Be vigilant for these mistakes and be ready to pounce.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bland needs to be careful, not take chances because Allen throws a lot of picks. This is where he can get burned by being over zealous.

May need to put Gilmore on Diggs as they did when the switched and put him on met calf, then had him on Brown against the Eagles.

Play their game as usual, not to that of Allen possibly throwing picks. Pressure him and do not allow him to run.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Allen needs an offensive minded head coach. This reminds me of prime Randal Cunningham with Buddy Ryan as a head coach on steroids. Allen is the most talented quarterback in the NFL. Yes, more talented then Mahomes.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Allen reminds me a lot of Brett Favre. Favre was an ICBM-armed quarterback who was still throwing late across his body in like year 22 with the Vikings. He just never really learned.

Allen is a monstrous physical talent, and he has proven with his throwing mechanics that he is willing to put in the hard work. So it just baffles me why he continues to make bad decisions and force plays. Favre never fixed it because he was lazy as hell off the field. I don't think Allen is cut from that same cloth, but his play on the field is getting worrying.

Maybe he needs a new coach, maybe he needs another year to fully dial it in. Romo was an aggressive gunslinger who by his own admission never put it all together until 2013. Whatever it is, I doubt Allen figures it out by Sunday.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
The bottom line should be to force him to 3rd and long. He starts forcing it when it's not there. 3rd and long is the key down.

Let him get his scrambles. Provided they're 6 or 7 yards. Let him wear himself out running around all game. Let him slowly move the ball down the field. But on 3rd and long, pounce on him.

We feast on 3rd and long. But we have a very weird defense. Usually we have one stinker every 4 games (Cardinals, 49ers, and Seahawks), but Dan Quinn always does something to correct it and our defense the next game plays nearly perfect.... like vs the Eagles. We took away a Top 5 receiving unit last week, but looked absolutely atrocious against another Top 5 receiving unit (Seahawks). But it seems Dan Quinn knows how to turn it around, so I don't mind a few stinkers.

I don't feel Bills are a Top 5 receiving unit tho. If Gilmore made AJ Brown look bad.... how much more difficult is Diggs? Bills fans are counting on the fact that Bland got killed by the Seahawks.... but they obviously don't know our defense enough.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I rewatched the last 3 drives of both teams in the KC / Buffalo game.

KC practically handed them the game.

KC gets a stop, return team gets a great return starting from the 40 yard line and they get a field goal. The next possession KC gets the ball after Buffalo punts from 4th and 38 and KC goes 3 and out. KC got 3 points on those 2 possessions. Great defensive / special teams play yields a total of 3 points on 2 drives.

Then to top that all off...... 2:12 left to go.... Buffalo in field goal range. Instead of running, they throw 3 times before even the 2 minute warning. They handed KC a huge gift by not running any clock, and KC screws it up again.

This makes me skeptical on if Buffalo is that good, or they're just not very smart fundamentally. But KC just happened to be even worse fundamentally. I know the media is gonna paint Buffalo as a surging Top 5 team....... but we see them play bad fundamental football every week. Hmm.

plymkr

Reaction score
Buffalo has a high tendency to be their own worst enemy. Be patient and let their screw-ups happen, then take advantage and reap the reward. Josh Allen is a very talented QB who tries hard to do good for his team... sometimes he tries too hard and it leads to turnovers. Be vigilant for these mistakes and be ready to pounce.
Right on. They are mistake prone, offense, defense and ST make mistakes. We just got to play smart and let them self destruct. I feel our offense can outplay their defense and if Allen gets behind the TOs start happening. Especially with our defensive playmakers, we can feast on his “hero plays”. I respect Josh but I don’t fear him as much as Hurts or Purdy. Too inconsistent.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Allen needs an offensive minded head coach. This reminds me of prime Randal Cunningham with Buddy Ryan as a head coach on steroids. Allen is the most talented quarterback in the NFL. Yes, more talented then Mahomes.
I live in upstate NY and get stuck watching the Bills all the time. Allen is NOT better than Mahomes. Mahomes is having a down year by his standards because Kelce is on the decline clearly (something no one seems to be talking about) and he has pathetic wide receivers to work with. Not a knock on Allen, he’s just not Mahomes.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Right on. They are mistake prone, offense, defense and ST make mistakes. We just got to play smart and let them self destruct. I feel our offense can outplay their defense and if Allen gets behind the TOs start happening. Especially with our defensive playmakers, we can feast on his “hero plays”. I respect Josh but I don’t fear him as much as Hurts or Purdy. Too inconsistent.
I think it's more than one player.

But yeah.... hero plays usually take time to develop, and if Josh Allen is waiting back there for a player to get open.... he's taking a risk and that's our chance to take advantage of that. I know his tendency is to take risks. We see it in every game, he's working really hard to buy time and that's when most of his erratic plays occur.

I think the main thing with the Bills is.... we know they have Allen, but does anyone else really scare you? 49ers and Eagles might not necessarily be Hurts or Purdy, but who they have around them.

Anyways.... Allen has been over 100.0 rating 3 times in the last 9 games. One of those was vs Jacksonville in a game where Buffalo had only 7 points with 4:03 left to play. It seems like it's either a few turnovers or he'll chuck a heck of a lot of incompletions. He's been really great only twice in the last 9 games. Vs Tampa and the Jets. You can argue the Eagles too, but he threw 22 incompletions. Don't see the Cowboys letting him have as much opportunities as the Eagles let him have with 22 balls hitting the ground.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Spot on! Thanks for posting.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He turns the ball over a lot. 15 picks and 4 fumbles this season. That could bode well for the Dallas defense. Still should be a very good game.
Get a early lead and make them play catchup. Then let the defense feast when the mistakes start coming.

24-6 at halftime against the Eagles and the game was already over. Repeat this week please.