judgement day

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I go to court today for my DUI charge, 1:15 EST, wish me luck, and prayers would be greatly appreciated, if I aint post anymore for awhile, you know why ;)

Hoov

Reaction score
Good luck with that, hopefully you wont get jail time.

Tomorrow is the final day for my restricted license, i get to take the breathalizer off my car now. should have called a cab that night 3 years ago, would have been so much cheaper in the long run, and all the hassle...its just not worth taking the risk, i was about a half beer over the legal limit.

Ive noticed a funny thing though, when people find out you have a DUI on record or your surving a suspension all of a sudden they treat you like your a total lush with no sense of responsibility. Then you go out to a get together with those same people after an event or something for a bite to eat and they proceed to drink 3-4 beers in an hour and then say goodbye, jump in their car and drive home. Yet they dont realize that they are well above the legal limit because they are not drunk.

And they act like they are responsible because they are social drinkers or because they had a drink with friends at a social event, where as you must be an alcoholic to get a DUI, or you have a problem because you were pulled over later at night coming home from a bar or concert event. Ive experienced this several times, you let someone at work know you have a DUI suspended license and they say "ohhh" and look at you funny and start making assumptions, then you see them out for a dinner lecture sponsored by some pharmaceutical company having multiple martinis and glasses of wine, and everyone of them is driving home afterwards.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
well Hoov, I am extremely fortunate, thank God, the judge dropped the DWI and DUI charge, and gave me Probation before Judgement on my DUI per se charge, for 18 months, dropping the probation fee, and I have to pay only 300 in fines

no suspension and I should be able to get my license back with a provision

thanks for the support though

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Good for you sif...

Keep your nose clean from here on out... ;)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
trick, thanks, but should I be able to get my license back? with a provision of course? think I should call my lawyer and find out?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
trick, thanks, but should I be able to get my license back? with a provision of course? think I should call my lawyer and find out?

I would think you would be able to...

Hoov

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
well Hoov, I am extremely fortunate, thank God, the judge dropped the DWI and DUI charge, and gave me Probation before Judgement on my DUI per se charge, for 18 months, dropping the probation fee, and I have to pay only 300 in fines

no suspension and I should be able to get my license back with a provision

thanks for the support though

WOW !!!!!

What part of the country do you live in. Up here in PA they would have really put the screws to ya. Man, i got roasted for a .12 when the legal limit was .10 and the state police really had no cause to pull me over, they followed me and tailgated me with highbeams for a mile before i changed lanes to let them by at 2am thinking i was being followed by some drunks that wanted to start a fight.....then they pulled me over for changing lanes without a turn signal. Told me they had been watching the bar as apart of a sting operation for drug dealing, and when they realized there was no activity going on there that night they decided to come after me with the hope of at least getting a DUI conviction since they spent all night sitting and watching the establishment. And whats worse, i didnt even have a drink there, just stopped in looking for an ex who goes there frequently om Tue night....cause i was horny.

And i got a 2 year suspension, plus a whole year after that ive had to drive with a breathalizer on my car.

Hoov

Reaction score
BTW, went to a social event with a friend last night were there was an open bar for 2 hours!!! I was driving so i only had water/soda. Got pulled over taking my friend home for a burnt out tail light that i didnt realize was out. Man, good thing i behaved myself. That would have been a minimum 3 months jail for a repeat offense. I would have lost my job, my license to practice in health care, and another 1-2 year license suspension.

Just goes to show how quickly things can go bad. Its just not worth taking the risk.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Try not to get 3 of them (well, 4 if you count the first one reduced to reckless driving). Luckily, I grew up and it's been almost 10 years now since my last dewey.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hoov, I live in MD, just below you :) I don't know why the judge was so lenient, but I thank God that he was, bless his soul, and yeah, make sure your car is working fine before you decide to do anything stupid in it ;) instead of facing a warning for not having your blinkers working, something far more serious could await you, cops are just waiting to bust people

and Kilyin, a lady at my work who goes to alcohol classes was telling me that a guy who goes there too, just got convicted of his 7th DUI, HA!

Calicowboy

Reaction score
Hoov said:
BTW, went to a social event with a friend last night were there was an open bar for 2 hours!!! I was driving so i only had water/soda. Got pulled over taking my friend home for a burnt out tail light that i didnt realize was out. Man, good thing i behaved myself. That would have been a minimum 3 months jail for a repeat offense. I would have lost my job, my license to practice in health care, and another 1-2 year license suspension.

Just goes to show how quickly things can go bad. Its just not worth taking the risk.

Hoov thank you for making the right decision. Keep it up bud!