Julius Jones is a bust; I'm calling it early

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I saw the writing on the wall with Quincy Carter and I see the same with Julius Jones. He is another bust. You heard it here. Jones is a bust. I'll will be more than happy to publish an apology to young Julius should I be wrong but I don't see it. I didn't see it in college. I didn't see it in the scouting reports. I didn't see it in pre-season. He is a scat back at best; a third round back! He is quick but he doesn't have the toughness both physically and mentally to be a 30 carry RB for 16 games per year. I can see him being injury prone and average overall. He may break a 1000 yard season but he won't be a difference maker who truly takes the pressure off the passing game. This guy will disappoint and we will be seeking his replacement at the end of next season.

Reaction score
third round back

I guess you mean a 3rd down back, but honestly, you must not have been watching the same game I was. He was running hard and moving the pile with little to no help from the offensive line against Ray Lewis and some of the best defenders in the game. He had a freak accident with his shoulder. It's not like that means he's going to be injury prone. Besides, with Parcells at the helm, I would expect him to get up to around 220ish by next season, and that is fine size for a back his height.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I disagree.

Jones seems "solid" to me.

Only time will tell I guess. Good to see you around though!

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
I saw the writing on the wall with Quincy Carter and I see the same with Julius Jones. He is another bust. You heard it here. Jones is a bust. I'll will be more than happy to publish an apology to young Julius should I be wrong but I don't see it. I didn't see it in college. I didn't see it in the scouting reports. I didn't see it in pre-season. He is a scat back at best; a third round back! He is quick but he doesn't have the toughness both physically and mentally to be a 30 carry RB for 16 games per year. I can see him being injury prone and average overall. He may break a 1000 yard season but he won't be a difference maker who truly takes the pressure off the passing game. This guy will disappoint and we will be seeking his replacement at the end of next season.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/albc.gif

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:

This scat back is bigger than Emmit... he has no history of lingering injury either...

He has great speed... but runs well between the tackles too...

Pretty strange you want to call a kid a bust that had a nice game against one of the best defenses in the league in his first outing...

This defense has half a season under their belt... he came in and ran tough... no fumbles and showed some moves...

It didn't help that half the time he was met in the backfield by Raven defenders... but he managed to make some positive yards out of most of those...

EG would have had 40 yards or less had he played...

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Eric_Boyer said:
I disagree.

Jones seems "solid" to me.

Only time will tell I guess. Good to see you around though!

Hey Eric

How is it going man? Yeah, it's going to be interesting with Jones but I just don't see it.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
trickblue said:
This scat back is bigger than Emmit... he has no history of lingering injury either...

He has great speed... but runs well between the tackles too...

Pretty strange you want to call a kid a bust that had a nice game against one of the best defenses in the league in his first outing...

This defense has half a season under their belt... he came in and ran tough... no fumbles and showed some moves...

It didn't help that half the time he was met in the backfield by Raven defenders... but he managed to make some positive yards out of most of those...

EG would have had 40 yards or less had he played...

He had a nice game against one of the league's better defenses. That's news to me

joseephuss

Reaction score
No back carries 30 times a game over a full season. The record for carries is what 408, 410? That is just over 25 carries a game. Emmitt averaged 23.5 carries a season to get his career high of 377. J. Jones looks capable of carrying 20 times a game which is pretty typical of a lead back.

VirusX

Reaction score
Still bitter because JJ isnt named Steven Jackson?
Baltimore has the 7th best rushing defense allowing 107 ypg at a 3.5 YPC

JJ had 30 carries for 81 yards at 2.7 YPC thats pretty good considering our line blocking in 2nd half JJ in his first 15 carries avged 4.0 YPC against their not so soft defense.

Lets not forget he just came back from an 8 week injury and he has only played in very few games in the NFL so to say a guy with emmitts looks but with more speed is a bust after a couple of games is just stupid.

VirusX

Reaction score
33 Carries for 150 Yards and 2 TD's

Yup sure sounds like a bust.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
VirusX said:
33 Carries for 150 Yards and 2 TD's

Yup sure sounds like a bust.

You never know he still gots a whole lot of football left in his career.One game doesn't mean that much,but I think it's a good sign of things to come.Hopefully,Julius will be a great RB for us for many years to come.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I was watching that game and I'm like oh man, I just opened Pandora's box. Jones looked damn good. He looked like a faster Emmitt Smith. Very exciting. So yeah thus far, I'm looking a complete fool...there I said, ooks like I got to pay the piper. Alright, fair enough, your criticisms of my recent judgement are valid. I won't offer some lame retort that many of you are fond of when proven wrong (look up Quincy Carter supporter). However, I will say that let's see how Julius does over a string of games. Let's judge him at the end of the season. And before you Quincy fans jump on me, I gave Quincy many games before I judged him and I'm even doing the same this season.

But yes, I will grant you a small victory yesterday. Let's see what happens at the season's end.

VirusX

Reaction score
:D
Your entitled to your judgement im just saying I think he will be a probowler very soon.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
So a 150 yards and 2 TDs against a very good run defense is a bust? Boy Id hate to see a great back then....