Julius Jones

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I thought he looked better tonight than he did at any point last year...
I never thought he could ever be a complete NFL back because he just did not catch the ball well but he looked like a different player receiving the ball tonight...

Dose anyone else agree or disagree with this?

cboyd

Reaction score
I agree, I don't know why people are so harsh on him. whenever there was a hole he was through that hole pretty quickly. There were several times when the DL almost hit JJ before there was a handoff. The run blocking was pretty much non existent for most of the game.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His receiving skills have steadily improved ever since he came into the league. If they could just block for the run better, I could see him having a break out year. But the OL didn't look good on running plays and it didn't matter who was running.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We get TO, Glenn and Witten on the field, JJ will have some holes to run thru.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie said:
I thought he looked better tonight than he did at any point last year...
I never thought he could ever be a complete NFL back because he just did not catch the ball well but he looked like a different player receiving the ball tonight...

Dose anyone else agree or disagree with this?

Better tonight than at any point last year?

Junkie -- you are hooked on more than just the Cowboys, huh?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cboyd said:
I The run blocking was pretty much non existent for most of the game.

its been non existant almost the entire time Parcells has been here

the exception was the end of 2004, when JuJo was tearing up defenses on alot of draw type runs...he had more "lanes" and space to get started because we ran alot of 3 WR sets with a 1 back set

I think alot of it is bad OL play, but some of it is definitely because of poor play designs...the guys we have simply cant make the kinds of blocks they are asking them to make...they compound the problem further by running so much from "tight" formations, rather than spreading the D out more

David

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
its been non existant almost the entire time Parcells has been here

the exception was the end of 2004, when JuJo was tearing up defenses on alot of draw type runs...he had more "lanes" and space to get started because we ran alot of 3 WR sets with a 1 back set

I think alot of it is bad OL play, but some of it is definitely because of poor play designs...the guys we have simply cant make the kinds of blocks they are asking them to make...they compound the problem further by running so much from "tight" formations, rather than spreading the D out moreDavid

That makes alot of sense to me....I'm not a X & O guy but if you can't get any kind of push off the line all the DL has to do is clogg the gaps.

Heck give them bigger gaps to clogg. :)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
We have a great stable of 3rd down backs.

and other than Flozelle Adams, we have a great stable of practice squad talent at OL

David

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
and other than Flozelle Adams, we have a great stable of practice squad talent at OL

David
Bledsoe had no time to throw. I hope he can get out of bed tomorrow.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
JONES HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE A GREAT BACK.

THROUGH HIS FIRST 16 GAMES HE HAS MORE RUSHING YARDS THEN EMMITT SMITH AND TONY DORSETT.

I DONT KNOW IF HE WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS THOSE GUYS BUT WHEN HES HEALTHY HES REALLY GOOD. I SEE HIM HAVING A BIG YEAR:starspin

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
It's not either backs fault. The OL looked shotty. Fasano made some rookie misatkes...on one run to the left where Julius got stuffed (the penalty) Fasano ran right by the OLB and he knifed in and froze up Rivera. If he had got his man and sealed him, Rivera could have blown through the hole and taken on the LB, big gain.