Julius

zack

Reaction score
Give him his due. His best game of the year IMO. Hopefully, we will see more of this.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
zack;1758959 said:
Give him his due. His best game of the year IMO. Hopefully, we will see more of this.

He looked good, but I don't think 48 yards is his best game of the year...
At least I hope not.

zack

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1758978 said:
You might want to change the name of the thread to Julius...:laugh2:

Whoops....oh well.

It wasn't the number of yards, it was how he was running....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
zack;1758959 said:

I would give Julis his due if I knew who he was. :D

silverblue

Reaction score
yeah, the giants did a pretty good job against our rush

JJ 11 for 48
MB 12 for 34

Julius came out with a bang and MB had some bruising runs throughout. Although carries were about even, MB3 seemed to be in there much more.

Can we start clamoring for more playing time for julius on here yet? :)

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
silverblue;1758998 said:
yeah, the giants did a pretty good job against our rush

JJ 11 for 48
MB 12 for 34

Julius came out with a bang and MB had some bruising runs throughout. Although carries were about even, MB3 seemed to be in there much more.

Can we start clamoring for more playing time for julius on here yet? :)

If JJ starts off a game like that again....heck yes.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
JJ was big today. I thought he should have played the second drive after the way he started the game. JJ was big today and the numbers really don't reflect it. He got us going early and made some big runs to sustain drives.

Rudy

Reaction score
It looks like JJ has cemented his reputation of just being a change-of-pace back, similar to Sproles - but hey, that's contributing. What a great day.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Yup, JJ had a very good game and if had gotten more carries with the way he was running, I think he could have gotten 100 yards today.

silverblue

Reaction score
Rudy;1759065 said:
It looks like JJ has cemented his reputation of just being a change-of-pace back, similar to Sproles - but hey, that's contributing. What a great day.

Uh, last I checked a change of pace back doesn't carry the ball on the first carries of the game. We usually call that the starting running back, or in our case, Julius Jones :)

mitchell2254

Reaction score
I love the way this is playing out. MB3 has pounded away the first half of the season, Julius should be really fresh we might get to see flashes of his rookie year when he came in the 2nd half of the season well rested.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Also saw Julius do some great blocking today on blitz pickup. Really hitting his guy. I thought he ran hard and hit holes quick and decisive.

His first big run, I thought he might be able to take it to the house. Also on that good run up the middle that the commentators said the safety was the last defender, I thought Julius in his rookie year would have gone all the way on it. I still think Jones' confidence isn't where it needs to be.

He is contributing and the duo is really a nice mix.

LarryCanadian