Junior Fehoko keeps strength in numbers approach to DL in new scheme

gtb1943

Reaction score
282 is more than a bit undersized. He needs to put on at least twenty lbs and frankly nearer thirty to hold up on the interior. Guys like Aaron Donald are Extremely Rare.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm less certain about Golston, but it might depend on how ready to contribute Kneeland is. I guess if we see Golston drop a little weight, he might shift back to end, but I think he's going to be the main 3-tech rotating with Odighizuwa for early-down snaps. We really don't have anybody else. I mean, we could use Mazi and Rogers in there at the same time on first down to bulk up the line, but if Zimmer wants a regular 3-tech in there, our two guys are Odig and Golston (if Golston is still in that 290 range).
Well that's what I'm talking about all these players losing weight gaining weight being moved around to positions that don't usually play I think that Mike Zimmer to get things back to looking a little more normal and that's why I dropped his name golson could be added there as a role player at pass rush.. Look that's why we have training camp they'll get a good look at all these guys and figure out the rotation....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well that's what I'm talking about all these players losing weight gaining weight being moved around to positions that don't usually play I think that Mike Zimmer to get things back to looking a little more normal and that's why I dropped his name golson could be added there as a role player at pass rush.. Look that's why we have training camp they'll get a good look at all these guys and figure out the rotation....
Well, some of the problem with players like Fehoko and Golston is that they are tweeners coming out of college, not fast enough or bendy enough to be ends but not big enough to be tackles. So either you view them as run-stop players at end or potential pass rushers at tackle. Quinn valued the quickness they'd bring to tackle over the run-stopping they'd bring to end. Zimmer will probably favor Fehoko as a run-stopping end, but Golston might depend on what size he retains. He got up near 300. He could still play run-stopping end at that size, but I really think our end rotation will be Kneeland, Williams, Parsons, Lawrence and Fehoko.