Just a few college football thoughts so far

lkelly

Reaction score
Braylon Edwards is going to go high in the draft if he runs a good 40 time. Might be a player to keep an eye out for for Dallas. He doesn't have the current hype of Mike Williams, but he'll put up a ton of yards and TDs playing with a freshman QB this year. Maybe he'll be the next Terrell (bust) or maybe he'll be a dominating NFL player. Williams will certainly be doing nothing to impress the scouts this season, so Edwards may move up.

Corey Webster was burned by Fred Gibson in the LSU-Georgia game. Still a good DB, but not the guy who strikes fear into an opposing QB all the time. Marcus Spears looked good, but I don't know if he's a 15 sack guy in the NFL. Maybe more like Greg Ellis. Georgia is loaded with young RBs.

Fincher, the LB from UConn looked really good. Just a junior I think. Keep an eye out for him.

Lots of other thoughts, but little kid is calling.

Ken

Reaction score
lkelly said:
Braylon Edwards is going to go high in the draft if he runs a good 40 time. Might be a player to keep an eye out for for Dallas. He doesn't have the current hype of Mike Williams, but he'll put up a ton of yards and TDs playing with a freshman QB this year. Maybe he'll be the next Terrell (bust) or maybe he'll be a dominating NFL player. Williams will certainly be doing nothing to impress the scouts this season, so Edwards may move up.

Corey Webster was burned by Fred Gibson in the LSU-Georgia game. Still a good DB, but not the guy who strikes fear into an opposing QB all the time. Marcus Spears looked good, but I don't know if he's a 15 sack guy in the NFL. Maybe more like Greg Ellis. Georgia is loaded with young RBs.

Fincher, the LB from UConn looked really good. Just a junior I think. Keep an eye out for him.

Lots of other thoughts, but little kid is calling.

David Pollack looks like a high motor guy who is going to hustle all over the field. Has the potential to be a big sack guy/disrupter in the NFL.

KaiserSoze

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Kyle Orton?

He looks like the real deal.

I know we don't need a QB, but I was curious.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
KaiserSoze said:

Hello again. Orten from Purdue is probably one of the top 3 QBs in this draft. has that ideal size at 6'3" and around 225 pounds.

I don't put him in the league of Eli, Byron, or some of the other recent young gunslingers yet, but he might actually change that opinion. He certainly has a chance to be the top QB taken if things continue for him as they are.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Clayton who is also a homerun threat and great wr for OU over the past 3 years

He has made tons of big plays for that team

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Ken said:
David Pollack looks like a high motor guy who is going to hustle all over the field. Has the potential to be a big sack guy/disrupter in the NFL.

yea,I was watchin' him today and he was hustlin' on every single play.He looks like he'll be a very solid player in the NFL.

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
lkelly said:

One knock on Braylon Edwards is that he drops his fair share of passes.If he gets that under control then he should be a Top 10 or Top 15 pick in the draft next year.

lkelly

Reaction score
KaiserSoze said:

Just my opinion, but Orton is also a product of the system. Drew Brees was great in that system back when Tiller was first getting it going in the Big 10. I'm leery of the player who comes out of the pseudo-run-n-shoot even if he has good size.

Orton may be a decent NFL QB, but he'll have to learn to play from under center.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Edwards is the top Wr I have seen.
He's far more polished than M. Williams.

Pollack is my top DE, top 5 guy for me. I love his effort.

Rolle is still number 1 for me.

Spears is a top 20 guy. Webster too. I'd put Webster and Marlin Jackson in the same area. Both bigger Cbs who aren't quite shutdown guys.

Orton looks like a top 10 pick and likely top 5. QBs always seem to rise.

1. Rolle.
2. Wright
3. Pollack