Just back from Dallas

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
So I wanted to write last night but the internet at the moel was screwy in Farmers Branch, I think it had something to do with that 50,000 watt tower across the way

Anyway, What an exciting game to be at. I have never been to a game with so much scoring. Tony Romo looked amazing with the exception of one pass every decision he made was a good one (Look the Giants just scored again) Losing Fergalicious is bad, and could come back to bite us down the road. The OLine played superb IMO, other than 1 play I dont think the defenders got close to Romo (look the Cowboys just scored again)

Witten was a stud, and was open on many other plays that the ball didnt go to him. That 51 yard pass to Hurd late 4th quarter was a great throw and run. Hurd looked really good there, and I hope can develop nicely.

As for the defense, well was there a defense out there? I couldnt really tell. Looked like we played alot of zone coverage and the guys were confused of their assignments. We need to fix that up quick. Now off to Miami we should do well next week.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the synopsis. It's always nice to get an in-person account of what happened. Our defense, or lack thereof, really scares me. I hate to think that we need to score 48 points every week to have a chance. I hope Phillips and Stewart find some answers and fast. Of course, the players still would have to execute.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
You picked a good one to attend, BigDFan5. Thanks for your comments.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I said last night during the game we looked confused even before the ball was snapped on D.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The stats from last night that just blow me away.

14.4 per pass attempt by Romo.

23.0 yard per completion by Romo.

15 of 24 for 345 yards, 4 TDs.

I keep looking at that and saying no way. Manning threw 20 more passes and had 20 fewer yards and still had a phenomenal game by any standards. Romo was out of this world.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hostile;1635551 said:
The stats from last night that just blow me away.

14.4 per pass attempt by Romo.

23.0 yard per completion by Romo.

15 of 24 for 345 yards, 4 TDs.

I keep looking at that and saying no way. Manning threw 20 more passes and had 20 fewer yards and still had a phenomenal game by any standards. Romo was out of this world.

Romo was out of this world, but also to have that kind of ypc the receivers were running through their secondary looking for a defender to tackle them. I've never seen so much open space in the middle of the field as there was last night. The yac had to be off the charts.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1635514 said:
Tony Romo looked amazing with the exception of one pass every decision he made was a good one

While I agree that Tony looked amazing... downright "Terrrrrrrr-ific!" hehe Tony the Tiger....

Not every decision he made was a good one..

1. that pass(to the left) to TO when the DB was all over TO could have been disasterous
  2. that almost pass when he was getting pulled down(I was screaming... no dont throw it and he didnt) just wanted to mention that one
  3. the INT was bad... TO wasnt even open
Keep in mind... I am just making those observations based on the "every" decision part....

This guy is a winner. He controlled impulse stuff a little better

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;1635713 said:
how was the crowd? sounded pretty lively on TV...

Crowd was very loud 95% of the time. Great job getting loud IMO

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
YoMick;1635619 said:
While I agree that Tony looked amazing... downright "Terrrrrrrr-ific!" hehe Tony the Tiger....

1. that pass(to the left) to TO when the DB was all over TO could have been disasterous
  2. that almost pass when he was getting pulled down(I was screaming... no dont throw it and he didnt) just wanted to mention that one
  3. the INT was bad... TO wasnt even open
Keep in mind... I am just making those observations based on the "every" decision part....

This guy is a winner. He controlled impulse stuff a little better

1. Are you talking about the ball that fell 10 yards short of TO? Was crossed up signals not really a bad decision

2. was a great decision NOT to throw it lol

3. From my vantage point he had a step on his man defender just came in at the last moment and made a nice play

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1635732 said:
1. Are you talking about the ball that fell 10 yards short of TO? Was crossed up signals not really a bad decision

2. was a great decision NOT to throw it lol

3. From my vantage point he had a step on his man defender just came in at the last moment and made a nice play

1. Romo quickly turned to his left and threw a line drive to TO.. I think the DB hit it or TO hit it..

2. Agreed :D

3. I am not sure... maybe it would have worked out similarly to the play that Hurd scored on... but it looked tighter...

anyone else have more on these?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
YoMick;1635785 said:
1. Romo quickly turned to his left and threw a line drive to TO.. I think the DB hit it or TO hit it..

2. Agreed :D

3. I am not sure... maybe it would have worked out similarly to the play that Hurd scored on... but it looked tighter...

anyone else have more on these?

1. I Tivoed the game, and will watch it again later. I will see if I can see what you are talking about. You remember about when it happened?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1635795 said:
1. I Tivoed the game, and will watch it again later. I will see if I can see what you are talking about. You remember about when it happened?

Well #3 was when Romo threw int and they scored

#1 was earlier on... dont know when... someone should know

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1635725 said:
Crowd was very loud 95% of the time. Great job getting loud IMO

Thats what I like to hear.

Im getting tickets for the Patriots vs Cowboys game this week!!!!!! I hope I get to have as much fun as you did.

October 14th!!! Cant wait.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
YoMick;1635619 said:

[*]the INT was bad... TO wasnt even open[/LIST]Keep in mind... I am just making those observations based on the "every" decision part....

Disagree. TO was actually in the clear. It would have been an easy catch. The DB made a good read and suprised Romo.

RedLine

Reaction score
CATCH17;1635805 said:
Thats what I like to hear.

Im getting tickets for the Patriots vs Cowboys game this week!!!!!! I hope I get to have as much fun as you did.

October 14th!!! Cant wait.

I was at the game also. I have never seen a crowd so fired up. One example...

I had to park in the "cash lot" which is a good 20 min walk to the stadium. The whole way in this guy walking close by me was screaming as loud as he could "LETS GO COWBOYS" the entire walk to the stadium.

My tickets were in the lower deck and we stood the whole game. I noticed it was that way for most of the stadium. People were ready for some Cowboys football.

We had a few Giants fans within ear shot, but they were pretty tame.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
YoMick;1635804 said:
Well #3 was when Romo threw int and they scored

#1 was earlier on... dont know when... someone should know

I think you are referring to the WR screen he threw to TO at the LOS with the DB playing press coverage and the DB knocked the ball away from TO. That could have potentially been disasterous. That would have been good time to audible out.