Just can't finish

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I don't agree with some posters on here that we are crap, this guy is crap, that guy is crap.

I don't think we suck.

We just can't finish. Can't finish a game, can't finish in December, ... can't get the job done.

At times we have played as well as any team in the league.

We had the Steelers beat, ... couldn't finish.

We beat the Giants a week ago.

We had a chance for a comeback win last night, ... couldn't finish, ... twice!

I don't know why that is or whose fault it is, but that is the problem.

I bring up those games because the Steelers and the Giants are considered to be at the top of the AFC & NFC.

Our team isn't perfect, but no team is.

Good thing about it is though, if we can get in the "tournament", we have as good a chance as anyone.

We play well enough, we just need to somehow find a way to finish.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
I still believe this team has all the talent in the world. I just believe that this team is mentally weak which starts at the top.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2513830 said:
Good thing about it is though, if we can get in the "tournament", we have as good a chance as anyone.

LOL, have you been watching this team the past 10 years?

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
What's most frustrating is it always seems to be someone different or some aspect of the team that's misfiring. We just can't seem to get on the same page.

Sadly, it's not just one main culprit.

If the offense is cooking, the defense sucks. Defense plays well, the special teams kill us. Offense gets a lead, defense can't stop anyone. Defense pitches a shutout, then the offense can't score or turns the ball over.

Individually, again, it's seemingly always someone different. Ellis jumps offsides, Hamlin misses tackles, Romo throw pics, TO drops the ball or loses the ball in the lights, Gurode can't get a snap count, Flo moves, Proctor gets owned, Ware jumps offsides, TNew pass interference, etc., etc., etc.

And screw-ups seemingly always happen at the worst possible moment or at a game deciding juncture.

It makes this team SO frustrating to watch.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
What we're asking for is something called a team. A collective group of individuals with separate jobs that join together for a common goal. The problem is to have a team, you need a leader. A leader who tells it like it is, corrects the mistakes and moves on.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2513830 said:
I don't agree with some posters on here that we are crap, this guy is crap, that guy is crap.

I don't think we suck.

We just can't finish. Can't finish a game, can't finish in December, ... can't get the job done.

I bring up those games because the Steelers and the Giants are considered to be at the top of the AFC & NFC.

Whats hilarious is that "Finish" is the teams motto this year. They sure do a piss poor job of following instructions.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
AlterEgo;2513834 said:
I still believe this team has all the talent in the world. I just believe that this team is mentally weak which starts at the top.

We were mentally weak when Parcells was here.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
We are a Good team, with some Great talent.

We do fine for three quarters (whether it be the game or the season), but when it's all on the line, we just can't get the job done.

Take the Defence as an example, for the majority of the game yesterday they were excellent, and kept us in the game (even with the totally inept performance by the Offence).
But when the game was on the line, they gave up two plays for 150+ yards rushing and two TD's.

FWIW, I do believe that a team takes on the characteristics of it's coaching staff, and here again we have Individual Talent, but not a TEAM mentality.

Until that is resolved, we will continue to under achieve.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Your only as good as your finish. If you cant finish, you lose. Losing games means your a suck (ask Detroit). Hence we suck.

We have the talent to be great, but it does not translate well to the field for some reason.

I dont think we are as bad as wee finish, but bottom line is results and your record.

Our record indicates we are just above average. Nothing special.

Our play on the field confirms that.

Spurts of greatness means little unless you put them together and come away with more wins then losses on a consistant basis. We have not reached that point yet. Our spurts of greatness are mixed with penalties, turnovers, breakdowns in coverage and poor play calling more often then not.

Boysboy

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2513830 said:

I don't think we suck.

If Dominick Hixon didn't drop that TD pass in the 4th, we prolly blow that one too.

IlliniNation

Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;2513961 said:
Take the Defence as an example, for the majority of the game yesterday they were excellent, and kept us in the game (even with the totally inept performance by the Offence).
But when the game was on the line, they gave up two plays for 150+ yards rushing and two TD's.

FWIW, I do believe that a team takes on the characteristics of it's coaching staff, and here again we have Individual Talent, but not a TEAM mentality.

Until that is resolved, we will continue to under achieve.

Couldnt say it any better. I am a defensive coordinator for a high school team. Now granted I dont know squat compared to these guys, but i took the last TD and tried to break it down. Cover 1 is called and that is what should have been. However when the slot goes in motion from defensive left to right. Keith Davis follows him instead of checking down to a LB on the other side fo the field. That leaves no LB or second level coverage on the right side of the field. Then ILB Zach Thomas takes a play side right even though the OT pulls to the defensive left. Just little things that should be second nature takes you out of the play. Poor execution.

robjgrif

Reaction score
AlterEgo;2513834 said:

:hammer:

RoadRunner

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2513830 said:

I don't think we suck.

Its like I said in another thread, this team expects to choke.