Just Curious...

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I know its been talked about, but is anyone else a bit worried about what this "secret defensive plan" that some of the Packers have been hinting ?

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
it's all hype.

You don't think T.O. is the focal point of every team's defensive gameplan?

Al Harris makes me laugh. We're still hanging 30+.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Don't forget we have a few secret weapons ourselves. Felix Jones has yet to catch a pass. Whatever coverage they try, we have weapons to counter.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The big secret is that they STILL think they can lock Harris up on TO one on one and they haven't learned yet that they're going to get killed that way.

Besides there really isn't anything they're going to be able to come up with that probably hasn't been seen by the Boys.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm interested in what it might be but if the OL has a good game, it won't even matter.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
What's there to worry about? It's not like there's some unknown coverage or defensive scheme that GB is going to suddenly throw at us. The only thing they can do is something funky with their personnel like line up a CB(Woodson) on Witten or something crazy like that. That's fine, that will just make it easier for our WRs(Austin/Crayton). Who are GB's 3rd and 4th CBs by the way????? Exactly. And they're already playing with a backup at FS.

Let's not overanalyze this thing into thinking we're facing the 85 Bears or something. GB has a nice solid defense with good players but we should be able to move the ball effectively. If we limit mistakes(penalties-TOs), we should score around 30 points. I think the unknown here is our defense. Not our offense or what GB's defense will do to us. How will our D hold up???

Boysboy

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2272522 said:
I know its been talked about, but is anyone else a bit worried about what this "secret defensive plan" that some of the Packers have been hinting ?

Or maybe Harris and his teammates are "eating the cheese" from believing all their press clippings?

The Packers are obviously playing with alot of confidence, which is a great thing, but they seem like one over-confident bunch, which isn't a good thing.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
JohnsKey19;2272576 said:
What's there to worry about? It's not like there's some unknown coverage or defensive scheme that GB is going to suddenly throw at us. The only thing they can do is something funky with their personnel like line up a CB(Woodson) on Witten or something crazy like that. That's fine, that will just make it easier for our WRs(Austin/Crayton). Who are GB's 3rd and 4th CBs by the way????? Exactly. And they're already playing with a backup at FS.

Let's not overanalyze this thing into thinking we're facing the 85 Bears or something. GB has a nice solid defense with good players but we should be able to move the ball effectively. If we limit mistakes(penalties-TOs), we should score around 30 points. I think the unknown here is our defense. Not our offense or what GB's defense will do to us. How will our D hold up???

Exactly what I was thinking.

Nexx

Reaction score
they have secret plan to bring back deion to cover TO for just one game.

sago1

Reaction score
There secret plan is to come after Romo & get him out of his comfort zone. They are also going to put Harris on TO with a S over the top thus hopefully taking him out of the game. They are going to put Woodson & another S on Witten, leaving 7 men in the box to stop our running game. The front 4 plus AJ Hawk will blitz Romo on just about every play. They are confident about getting to Romo & stopping Witten & TO & our running game and not worried at all about any of our other WRs or TEs. They really don't see Felix as any kind of threat at all except on ST. How's that for a game plan? It's probably the same plan every other team in the NFL wants to do to us. It's just that few manage to do it. Ha.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
sago1;2272662 said:
There secret plan is to come after Romo & get him out of his comfort zone. They are also going to put Harris on TO with a S over the top thus hopefully taking him out of the game. They are going to put Woodson & another S on Witten, leaving 7 men in the box to stop our running game. The front 4 plus AJ Hawk will blitz Romo on just about every play. They are confident about getting to Romo & stopping Witten & TO & our running game and not worried at all about any of our other WRs or TEs. They really don't see Felix as any kind of threat at all except on ST. How's that for a game plan? It's probably the same plan every other team in the NFL wants to do to us. It's just that few manage to do it. Ha.

So who is going to cover everyone else?

sbark

Reaction score
:p: Gonna use a old buckets trick.......take the air out of the ball, put the ball on ice...........

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i'm not worried at all. the pack want us to believe they have some special gameplan to stop our offense yet this is the same team that played man to man defense against the giants the whole game in the nfc championship. even though Burress was beating harris like a drum stubborn mike mcCarthy or whoever the dc is there refused to give harris some help. the packers defense is so overrated from playing in a division where the only offensive threat not on their team is Adrian Peterson. were gonna hang 30+ on them and we'll see if they can keep up.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
They are just trying to get into Romo, TO and Witten's heads. Instead, they got into yours. :p:

Seriously, there will be no secret game plan, although I guess to be honest they all are secret.

BTW, you know we have a secret game plan as well. It's includes scoring more points than them and whipping their tails up and down the field so bad that Curly Lambeau will be spinning so fast in his grave they won't have to churn the butter anymore in in Wisconsin.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2272712 said:
They are just trying to get into Romo, TO and Witten's heads. Instead, they got into yours. :p:

Seriously, there will be no secret game plan, although I guess to be honest they all are secret.

BTW, you know we have a secret game plan as well. It's includes scoring more points than them and whipping their tails up and down the field so bad that Curly Lambeau will be spinning so fast in his grave they won't have to churn the butter anymore in in Wisconsin.

:lmao: well said.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
The secret plan is that all of them are going to drink pickle juice before the game...oh wait...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2272712 said:

Oh, I seriously hope not-- they could die of loneliness in there... it's a dark, gloomy, barren, godforsaken place...

And the echoes... oh, the echoes...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nope.

The only thing I am worried about is seeing if Aaron Rogers will move the ball on this defense, like McNabb did on Monday.