Just how great are the Cowboys?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Man watching this feeding frenzy of Philly's D makes me really appreciate just how good our team is. Not one sack last Monday Night, and no way to truly stop our offense.

Our line is awesome.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Early in the game Phil Simms said, "how in the world did Dallas score 41 points on this team?"

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hostile;2274274 said:
Early in the game Phil Simms said, "how in the world did Dallas score 41 points on this team?"
I heard that too. Of course you could also ask how did the Squealers hold the Eagles to 14 when we gave up 37.

sbark

Reaction score
Johnson sending the house repeatedly.?.........wouldnt do that vrs. Romo or the OL of the cowboys......

there is your answer on the Romo vrs. Big Ben

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a whole lot better than its critics want it to be. That's how good the Cowboys are.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Cowboys are in a class of their own! they will prove it tonight against the packers i think cowboys win by a couple TD's!

StylisticS

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2274283 said:
I heard that too. Of course you could also ask how did the Squealers hold the Eagles to 14 when we gave up 37.

Philly's offense was moving the ball at will at the beginning. Than McNabb got hit hard on his shoulder and Westbrook injured his ankle and it changed the entire complexion of the game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
StylisticS;2274293 said:
Philly's offense was moving the ball at will at the beginning. Than McNabb got hit hard on his shoulder and Westbrook injured his ankle and it changed the entire complexion of the game.
Yeah, at one point McNabb was like 16 of 16 with 150 yards.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StylisticS;2274293 said:

Very good point.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I didn't hear that Simms comment, but I can certainly see where it's a legit question. It's going to be a tough one, when we face them in Philly.

But the game I really can't wait for is the Giants; the run up and the trash talk and then the game.

Week 9! Man what a wait.

Eskimo

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2274283 said:

Eagles made a few mistakes and Westbrook missed a good chunk of the game. They also didn't get 7 free points from Romo and another 7 free from the refs (Henry PI call in 2nd quarter). If you took those away, then Philly scored 23 against us despite having a healthy Westbrook and McNabb playing his best game in 3 years.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Eskimo;2274364 said:
Eagles made a few mistakes and Westbrook missed a good chunk of the game. They also didn't get 7 free points from Romo and another 7 free from the refs (Henry PI call in 2nd quarter). If you took those away, then Philly scored 23 against us despite having a healthy Westbrook and McNabb playing his best game in 3 years.
:signmast:Good post.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
StylisticS;2274293 said:

theogt;2274298 said:
Yeah, at one point McNabb was like 16 of 16 with 150 yards.

Eskimo;2274364 said:

PBJTime;2274389 said:
:signmast:Good post.

I hear what you guys are saying and, for the record, believe me I'm not knocking our defense. But the Eagles only scored 7 points before those injuries.

My point in the original post was intended to be that you can't really compare the performances of different teams in different match ups from one week to another.

I apologize for not elaborating a little more in my original post.