CFZ Just Play Football, Micah Parsons, the Stats Will Come

Pass2Run

Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk this week about how teams are running at Micah Parsons. And there's also been talk about how Parsons seems concerned with getting the numbers for sacks, over-guesses the play, and gets caught going for a sack while the tackle uses his leverage to push a hole open for the RB to run through.

Last year, Parsons was more of a complete player. This year, he seems too concerned with records, rather than team wins. I know, I know. I'm criticizing Parsons.

I am.

I'll never be as good as Micah Parsons at anything that requires being a good athlete. But that goes for most people. I can see with my eyes, though. And sometimes it takes an outsider to point out something you're doing wrong, simply because perspective.

No doubt the coaches will key in on that this week. And I have no doubt that Parson will respond and clean up this part of his game. He has to know when to go for the sack and when to shed a block and play the run. People who say he can't do it don't realize the extent of his athleticism. He can do it. He just has to prepare himself to play the run first.

In any case, in other news, I like how Dan Quinn is talking about preparing and then taking that preparation with you to the game. I'm a big fan of that. That, and the part he talks about players being an extension of one another, especially on defense. He shouldn't be saying that to the media, but I digress.

I'm just saying that if Parsons does his job 100 percent selfless rather than 99.5 percent selfless he will be a better player, and still get the records he wants.

If you feel like watching Quinn's press conference, or haven't seen it, I included it below.

bigE79

Reaction score
We need keep barr at mlb,lve is a Barbie carpenter clone,soft.. parson is still learning but he does need to not worry about stats,if that is what he is doing.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Parsons is great but OCs in this league are working too. Not sure I'm seeing him freelancing but he's on the map now. The hype is definitely deserved but OCs will never stop conjuring up ways to take the crown off his head and Parsons has to take the next step in recognizing and outsmarting what they're cooking. He loves and trusts Quinn but Quinn might not be around here much longer and he'll have to use what he's gleaned off Quinn and partially develop his own football IQ while playing within the system of a team. He needs to keep remembering that he hasn't (or never will) "arrive" and keep the chessboard in front of him. That will bring him greatness.