Just saw on NFL Replay...

Aven8

Reaction score
I was just watching the replay of our game on Sunday, and when James Thrash scored he went to his knees, similar to the way Butch Johnson did his td celebration way back when. My point is.....where is the freakin flag for going to your knees???? The officials in this league need to be consistent! It's not something that would have changed the outcome of the game, but it's about what is right. I am really getting sick of the officials taking it out on TO, etc. I've also seen a lot of players lately spike the ball after a big play and do not see any getting penalties. They really need to get there crap together.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Aven8;2300501 said:
I was just watching the replay of our game on Sunday, and when James Thrash scored he went to his knees, similar to the way Butch Johnson did his td celebration way back when. My point is.....where is the freakin flag for going to your knees???? The officials in this league need to be consistent! It's not something that would have changed the outcome of the game, but it's about what is right. I am really getting sick of the officials taking it out on TO, etc. I've also seen a lot of players lately spike the ball after a big play and do not see any getting penalties. They really need to get there crap together.

Was he praying? That's ok.

Daudr

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2300508 said:
Was he praying? That's ok.

So you have a copy of the rule from the NFL rulebook? What we were told on TV at the time was that players are not allowed to get on their knees period - nothing about an exception for prayer.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Daudr;2300511 said:
So you have a copy of the rule from the NFL rulebook? What we were told on TV at the time was that players are not allowed to get on their knees period - nothing about an exception for prayer.

wow, think about what would happen if they flagged a guy for praying, don't be silly.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I am watching the game, and more than anything else Tony just looks a little off to me.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Daudr;2300511 said:

It was discussed on the NFL satellite show a few days ago. John Riggens and some one else. They said it I didn't. I figure they should know. Easy you might pop a vein.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I read about this.

The reason they don't want to fine players for any kind of prayer gesture is (quote on quote) because they don't want to "be struck by lightning"

gbrittain

Reaction score
Daudr;2300511 said:

Mike Pereira stated on NFL Total Access that players would not be flagged for taking a knee and praying.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Daudr;2300511 said:

www.nfl.com/rulebook

Here I took the time to find you a place to get yours:D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Thrash is very religious... he was definitely making a praying gesture.

Mike Pierrera already said he wouldn't flag people for praying.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
stealth;2300518 said:
I am watching the game, and more than anything else Tony just looks a little off to me.

IMO that was the main issue with the game. That and the D disappointing.

But mostly, Tony just had a bad day... Like all QBs have from time to time.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2300540 said:
IMO that was the main issue with the game. That and the D disappointing.

But mostly, Tony just had a bad day... Like all QBs have from time to time.

And we still almost stole it away in the 4th, not too shabby really, all things considered.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
Thrash is a total class act and very religious so he wasn't showboating. He is not the most talented WR in the league but the guy is basically the anti-T.O. when it comes to being a professional and a good teammate (and yes, I know, the Commanders have had plenty of players who were not saints).

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2300553 said:
Thrash is a total class act and very religious. He is not the most talented WR in the league but the guy is basically the anti-T.O. when it comes to being a professional and a good teammate (and yes, I know, the Commanders have had plenty of players who were not saints).

Did you have to go there?;)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I guess I understand people wanting consistency.

I'm more into why did we play so poorly though. I'd rather not give the guys at ES any more ammunition. The game was enough.

Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2300553 said:
Thrash is a total class act and very religious so he wasn't showboating. He is not the most talented WR in the league but the guy is basically the anti-T.O. when it comes to being a professional and a good teammate (and yes, I know, the Commanders have had plenty of players who were not saints).

Thanks for sharing all that. The point is he went to his knees and DIDN'T get flagged. Rules are rules.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno;2300587 said:
Thanks for sharing all that. The point is he went to his knees and DIDN'T get flagged. Rules are rules.

they don't flag anyone in the league for praying, stop with the nonsense dude.