Just watched the replay on nfl network

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i'm very impressed again at our depth even though we played a not very good team in the 49ers.

ryan hannam
jamaica rector
jason hatcher
kyle kosier
andre gurode
marion barber
drew bledsoe
bradie james
marc columbo
anthony henry

and of course....... terry "the human highlight reel" glenn really caught my attention.

i feel we are locked and loaded to make a run this year.

:starspin

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
add Burnett to that list.. :)

I am pretty psyched about him.

Hola Lane... :)

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
how are you impressed? your main man Scott "The Perennial Pro Bowler" Shanle's been traded

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
add Burnett to that list.. :)

I am pretty psyched about him.

Hola Lane... :)

hola jukester..........i know..we are looking solid.....burnett is really coming around.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
How did Thompson whiff on TWO blitzers? He was spoiled for choices.

icyhot

Reaction score
LOL you remind me of that cartoon. "We will never make it we are doomed" " We will get smashed to smitherines"

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
icyhot said:
LOL you remind me of that cartoon. "We will never make it we are doomed" " We will get smashed to smitherines"

Yeah we could have 100 perfect plays and one imperfect one and BBgun will only notice the imperfect one.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
the biggest shock i took from the rebroadcast was how fat charles haley has gotten. I wish the boys would hire him as a defensive coach the guy played undersized for years and was almost all techinique I imagine he has a lot to offer youngs guys like d ware or even a guy like ellis

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
bbgun said:
How did Thompson whiff on TWO blitzers? He was spoiled for choices.
And therefore got caught like a deer-in-the-headlights.

He could probably (hopefully) have gotten one but they really loaded up that side and confused him.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
stealth said:
the biggest shock i took from the rebroadcast was how fat charles haley has gotten. I wish the boys would hire him as a defensive coach the guy played undersized for years and was almost all techinique I imagine he has a lot to offer youngs guys like d ware or even a guy like ellis

I thought it might have been just an analog signal on my HDTV but guess not. He has gained a ton and actually sounded pretty dumb.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I thought it might have been just an analog signal on my HDTV but guess not. He has gained a ton and actually sounded pretty dumb.

he is not well spoken, you gotta realize the guy's career was football and so for all we know(and I suspect) he is a genius in that realm, he just never put any effort into speech. I know the guy isn't dumb I did a lot of work for him and his wife a few years back. he just isn't all that socially adept

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan said:

I thought he might be on medication, listening to him. I know he had some socialization issues during his playing days--pooping on cars is a socialization issue, right? Perhaps he got some help after his career ended.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
I heard he took a whiz on one of Bill Walsh's tires. It was a big reason SF let him out of there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
flashback said:
I heard he took a whiz on one of Bill Walsh's tires. It was a big reason SF let him out of there.

No it was Thomas or whatever his name was. He was that other LBer they had that used to do that stupid gig with mimicing holstering pistols after he made a sack.

Between him and Hanks geez but hey its nothing a nice bat couldnt fix.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SupermanXx said:
lol, what?? what happened

At the time it was reported that he took a public whiz on Seifert's car after a disagreement, and that precipitated the trade to Dallas in '92.

I live in the bay area, and though I can't recall where I heard it (local radio, I believe), one of his teammates swore that it wasn't just taking a whiz. I can't confirm that, though. I just think it's amusing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously, though. I don't recall hearing Haley interviewed before, but he sounded like somebody on lithium, to me.