Just watched this video on Dallas

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
When they were on Hard Knocks. Didn't see it originaly but I now realize how big of an idiot Coslet was. Emmitt runs a gadget play and doesn't toos the ball back to the QB and Coslet calls him Freeman McNiel. And then he starts telling Emmitt that he is to wide on a running play like he is a dope and not one of the greatest backs to play the game. He just came across arogant. Maybe I read it wrong but..
Anyway, here is the link to watch the videos.

http://ww2.nfl.com/hardknocks/

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
first of all I only watched that preview and I guess it was the wrong one

I don't like what Coslet did either, but I think it's ridiculous that you think it's ridiculous that a coach yells at a player just because he was one of the greatest of all time. Its culture like that that Parcells had to fix.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
supertitan17 said:
first of all I only watched that preview and I guess it was the wrong one

I don't like what Coslet did either, but I think it's ridiculous that you think it's ridiculous that a coach yells at a player just because he was one of the greatest of all time. Its culture like that that Parcells had to fix.

Well, you have to see it to know what I mean. It was the way it was done. But your comments about me being ridiculous is dully noted. :rolleyes:

Jack

Reaction score
gee, I hope they have som video on Hutch and Flowers singing together! :rolleyes: :D

roy31

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
When they were on Hard Knocks. Didn't see it originaly but I now realize how big of an idiot Coslet was. Emmitt runs a gadget play and doesn't toos the ball back to the QB and Coslet calls him Freeman McNiel. And then he starts telling Emmitt that he is to wide on a running play like he is a dope and not one of the greatest backs to play the game. He just came across arogant. Maybe I read it wrong but..

I saw it , I see what you mean ,he said freeman used to do that and he fired his *** too. I am glad he is gone .

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
but I now realize how big of an idiot Coslet was. Emmitt runs a gadget play and doesn't toos the ball back to the QB

And then he starts telling Emmitt that he is to wide on a running play like he is a dope and not one of the greatest backs to play the game.

At one time Buddy Rich was considered the greatest drummer in the world. His skills were unmatched by any other drummer in any musical category.

And yet...

He had a drum instructor.

Now how did that work?

Someone to teach the greatest drummer in the world how to play better.

Think on it.

The Realist

Reaction score
The greatest drummer in the world (Neil Peart), recently changed his style completely after playing the same way for close to 40 years. Changed from playing a matched grip to a traditional grip and took lessons from who he considered to be the master. Rush even had to delay recording an album cuz Neil needed more time to master his new style.

"When you're green you grow. When you ripen you rot!"

jimmy40

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

Maybe Coslett knew where the running back should be in the West Coast Offense and Emmitt didn't.