Justin Hunter

Reaction score
I know we are likely to keep only 5 WRs, and this guy has been wildly inconsistent, but Hunter was the 34th pick in the draft a couple years ago, has ties to Dooley as a TEN grad, and has game breaking downfield ability. May be a luxury, but you can never have too many talented WRs in the new NFL, and we can have him for his rookie contract on waivers right now.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I know we are likely to keep only 5 WRs, and this guy has been wildly inconsistent, but Hunter was the 34th pick in the draft a couple years ago, has ties to Dooley as a TEN grad, and has game breaking downfield ability. May be a luxury, but you can never have too many talented WRs in the new NFL, and we can have him for his rookie contract on waivers right now.

We're good at WR

DFWJC

Reaction score
Terry Robiskie, The Titans OC is really clearing out the WRs. They clearly don't care when they were drafted.

Hunter was an early 2nd rounder just a couple of years ago.
Green-Beckham was also a 2nd rounder just last year.

Not only that, they also cut 2014 2nd rounder Bishop Sankey.

Can't ever recall three 2nd rounders being cut so soon from the same team

Colossal waste..

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The guy is a bigtime talent.

I don't know where we could fit him in on the roster though.

He offers nothing on special teams and Brice Butler is the same guy kinda.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Cowboys really liked him when he was coming out of Tennessee (college), but already have a similar guy in Brice Butler. Plus, I don't believe he plays any special teams.

Honestly, if I'm carrying an extra receiver I'm going with Vince Mayle; reliable hands guy that plays special teams.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I would if we had control of him through 2017, but considering TWilliams, BButler and him will all be free agents, I don't see the point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm assuming these guys beat him out:

• Tajae Sharp (who has been their version of Dak, but at WR)
  • Rishard Matthews...really all around solid
  • Andre Johnson...former star
  • Harry Douglas....also very solid
  • Kendal Wright (who now also finds himself on the bubble)
Tre McBride may also make it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great find. I guess that settles that debate.

Side note, you wonder why Dooley was an unpopular hire when we brought him in. On the surface, anyway, he's a straight shooter. His players love him, the players improve underneath him, and the blocking, in particular has improved across the board. The fact that he'd sit there and comment like that re: Hunter--and be proven right after a few years in the league--tells you something about the guy.