Keith Davis and T-New giving it to the media today

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I've been reading Calvin Watkins' stuff since he got this gig, and I hate to say it, but he's not a very good reporter and lacks talent as a writer.

He could probably use a new pair of underwear for Christmas after that exchange with Davis.

"I got it from him (pointing to another reporter)."

:laugh2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd love to see the video of this exchange. Theebs, if you can do it, that would be great. Funny stuff.

superpunk

Reaction score
Uh oh...more members of the secondary "taking on" the media.

I wonder what condescending nickname they'll assign to Keith? Keith Davey? Doesn't really work for me. Will we be watching him now for every special teams mistake he makes, while ignoring his good plays?

Only time will tell. Should be a good time.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Somebody, post a video please. Judging from the posts, Watkins needs to go back to junior college.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CATCH17;1847550 said:

sorry man, I wasnt watching it on the tv i use to record stuff.

Sometimes there website puts the stuff up.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1847974 said:
I'd love to see the video of this exchange. Theebs, if you can do it, that would be great. Funny stuff.

I am sorry wg, I record from my backroom on the standard tivo, but I was in my living room when I watched it and had no way to record it!

I really wish I had, the look on mickey spagnola's face was pretty priceless. He whipped his head around when he heard keith yelling at calvin watkins and then had a blank stare at him!!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1848008 said:
I am sorry wg, I record from my backroom on the standard tivo, but I was in my living room when I watched it and had no way to record it!

I really wish I had, the look on mickey spagnola's face was pretty priceless. He whipped his head around when he heard keith yelling at calvin watkins and then had a blank stare at him!!!
Oh that's cool, theebs Thanks for sharing the info, tho. Very funny stuff.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
el_chevo;1848010 said:
****** people, the lack of a video is unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody needs to ban theebs until he can prove that he's got tivo on all of the tvs in his house.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
stealth;1847585 said:
asked the reporter to play the tape, and the reporter responded he didn't have it, then killer made a comment about what kind of professional reporter wouldn't have the tape.

Uh, maybe Killa doesn't know too much about journalism. Many reporters don't carry recorders, the idea being that it's too time consuming. You end up, in effect, listening to two interviews when you should be writing.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;1848256 said:
Uh, maybe Killa doesn't know too much about journalism. Many reporters don't carry recorders, the idea being that it's too time consuming. You end up, in effect, listening to two interviews when you should be writing.
It's not about knowing journalism. That's just lazy reporting to me. The quote wasn't wrong, but it was misleading. And folks get tired of reading misleading information from the #2 news source of a team they follow so closely.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1848260 said:
It's not about knowing journalism. That's just lazy reporting to me. The quote wasn't wrong, but it was misleading. And folks get tired of reading misleading information from the #2 news source of a team they follow so closely.

My comment was with respect to use of a tape recorder. Professional journalists often don't use tape recorders.

But I agree with you it's lazy reporting, i.e., getting information second-hand without understanding its context. But that's not what I was addressing.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;1848267 said:
My comment was with respect to use of a tape recorder. Professional journalists often don't use tape recorders.

But I agree with you it's lazy reporting, i.e., getting information second-hand without understanding its context. But that's not what I was addressing.
I get that you weren't adressing that point, but I wouldn't get on KD about it. Simply because I don't know that many people even know that piece of information about the use or non-use of recorders.

OTOH, these guys hold media sessions quite a bit and you often see mic's and tape recorders being held to their face. I think it's a natural assumption on his part to assume if that if he read one of his quotes and challenges the reporter about it that the reporter should be able to produce said tape.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1848273 said:
I get that you weren't adressing that point, but I wouldn't get on KD about it. Simply because I don't know that many people even know that piece of information about the use or non-use of recorders.

OTOH, these guys hold media sessions quite a bit and you often see mic's and tape recorders being held to their face. I think it's a natural assumption on his part to assume if that if he read one of his quotes and challenges the reporter about it that the reporter should be able to produce said tape.

Fair enough.

But I don't think using a tape recorder should be the determination of one's professionalism.

Using a quote out of context, yes.

I guess my concern beyond that is why players - knowing the media will misuse such quotes - will continue to make statements that they know will be misconstrued and manipulated.

It's like with T.O.'s Jessica Simpson comments. He should have seen that from a country mile, but he walks into it as if he's dealing with the media for the first time. :rolleyes:

You can't control what the media does. You can control your response to the media.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;1848277 said:
Fair enough.

But I don't think using a tape recorder should be the determination of one's professionalism.

I guess my concern beyond that is why players - knowing the media will misuse such quotes - will continue to make statements that they know will be misconstrued and manipulated.

It's like with T.O.'s Jessica Simpson comments. He should have seen that from a country mile, but he walks into it as if he's dealing with the media for the first time. :rolleyes:

You can't control what the media does. You can control your response to the media.

KD was just asking for it wearing that low-cut strapless dress?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;1848277 said:
Fair enough.

These guys get their level of professionalism challenged quite a bit by reporters, fans, analysts, and prolly their friends and family over the smallest of details. I think you're thinking too hard about the blurb about not having the recorder determining their level of professionalism. He prolly meant it just as you stated it. My understanding of what he said, "How the hell you gonna use my quote, take it out of context, and then have nothing to back you up?!"

This wasn't about misuse, being misconstrued, or manipulated, this was basic omission and it happens too much by some of the beat reporters.

I agree with this. Some guys are better at handling the media than others. But that said, if what KD's quote was handled just as it was posted earlier in this thread, then he's not at fault for being pissed at the omission.