keith davis

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i'm very much a pat watkins fan..he just keeps getting injured..damn i miss michael downs.

however, i'm ready to see killa get in there and knock some people out.

he plays safety like you're supposed to...knock somebody the hell out!

his coverage skills are no worse than roy.

now that roy has suffered a broken arm you can rest assure that he will never hit hard again ever.

oh wait...

Boysboy

Reaction score
lane;2304941 said:
i'm very much a pat watkins fan..he just keeps getting injured..damn i miss michael downs.

however, i'm ready to see killa get in there and knock some people out.

he plays safety like you're supposed to...knock somebody the hell out!

his coverage skills are no worse than roy.

now that roy has suffered a broken arm you can rest assure that he will never hit hard again ever.

oh wait...

I myself said in last July how we HAVE NICE depth in the secondary this year. Not only at corner with Pacman, Jenkins, and Scandrick, but we have some good safety backups as well in Watkins, Brown, and Killa.

Roy shoud be back in a couple of weeks too, and Watkins is only a one-weeker. We'll be fine.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boysboy;2304944 said:
I myself said in last July how we HAVE NICE depth in the secondary this year. Not only at corner with Pacman, Jenkins, and Scandrick, but we have some good safety backups as well in Watkins, Brown, and Killa.

Roy shoud be back in a couple of weeks too, and Watkins is only a one-weeker. We'll be fine.
You said that when Killa was with Miami?;)

Boysboy

Reaction score
windward;2304988 said:
You said that when Killa was with Miami?;)

I remember way back in March when everyone here was upset over not resigning our best ST player, Killa. Even Nick Eatman was bewildered how a quality player like him who only costs the salary cap < $1m would just be let go.

Pt being that I'll give alot of credit to Jerry for being PATIENT-he prolly knew Killa would eventually be back, and took that chance of letting him walk initially, only to resign him, ultimately, at a cheaper price.

arglebargle

Reaction score
I forget which year it was, 2005 or 2006, when Davis started all those games at safety. I remember reading one of the in-depth articles on rating defensive backs: Davis was ranked as the worst starting free safety in the league.

Now, he's going to be at Strong Safety this week, his more natural position, but....

I know which DB I would be targetting if I were a Bungle coach.

hairic

Reaction score
I never got the Keith Davis love. I think he's short, slow, dumb, and generally not athletic enough to even be a backup safety. Three years of bad safety play just killed any hope for me. Even 2007, I think he was limited to a goal line package and still allowed a couple TDs.

I forget which year it was, 2005 or 2006, when Davis started all those games at safety.
It was 2005 where he got the 15 starts, but he was bad both of those seasons.

I remember a 2006 ranking of safeties in YPA:

101 out of 102: Keith Davis
102 out of 102: Pat Watkins

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
So let me get this straight...

Keith Davis will primarily play on 1st and 2nd down, and Courtney Brown will primarily play on third doen. Right?

Boy, that sounds like we just got Roy Willimas back as a full-time safety! :lmao2:

juck

Reaction score
Im gonna laugh when Killa gets our first pick.lol.

Boysboy

Reaction score
juckie;2305285 said:
Im gonna laugh when Killa gets our first pick.lol.

Didn't he return in an INT for a TD in the Indy preseason game last year? Or do preseason stats not count?:laugh1:

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
I read that Davis will start at SS which he is better suited for. In the previous years, he was playing FS.