Video: Kellen Moore: An 2020 Dallas Cowboys Offense

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sounds good, he seems to like the new coaches and atmosphere, everybody has a voice, and new ideas welcome.
It also sounds like it will be a new offense to some degree, he mentioned what GB did, so could be they will do a lot of things different.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
That means a ton of success here beforehand.

I'll take that and enjoy it, and worry about losing him afterward.
Honestly....I wouldn't let the next great offensive mind get away...like Sean Peyton. If I got to boot McCarthy upstairs....and promote KM....then I do it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
That means a ton of success here beforehand.

I'll take that and enjoy it, and worry about losing him afterward.
In todays NFL as long as their creativity and the reason the team lost is not because of offense. Lets be real only reason Kyle Shanahan is a HC is because his offenses were pretty good and his last name. McVay did not have a ton of skins on the wall when he got his HC shot. If Moore takes the next step as an OC he will be a hot commodity like McVay.

GMO415

Reaction score
Sounds like he's incorporating some old Green Bay offense as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
If hope he’s not incorporating the back shoulder throws of ARs from Green Bay, considering our QB...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Been sitting here for a moment and reflecting on this interview.

1) On the one hand he is really young to be an OC.
2) I have my concerns that his background as a coach comes from Linehan and Garrett. Neither of those guys really experienced much real success at the NFL level.
3) Moore was not a successful QB in the NFL.

That zero on his resume to me is alot to overlook being that we have a big offensive need to succeed given Dak has to play in the superlative to get his new contract.

It was interesting that Moore mentioned all the offensive minds in his QB meetings he holds each morning. Now Seneca Wallace is no Tom Brady. You have to wonder why a guy with his resume is in the room. I know Big Mike knows him from before, but not to sure about that.

4) Apparently Big Mike has his hands full with the rest of the organizational team responsibilities which he mentions as a reason he did not do the play calling and left it mainly with Moore.

This a bad thing in my opinion in that I would prefer Big Mike call the games play calling as I believe he has a much higher understanding of what to call and when after 12 years in GB and winning a SB but after his run in GB, McCarthy admits he got stale as the HC and I am not sure if he feels it was playcalling or just his relationship with Rodgers just failed.

On the good side, if Moore can hold up as the OC and give Big Mike space to oversee the entire team better, that's a good thing.

That should keep Jerrah from reassuming his role of interfering with the team too much and undermining coaching authority with McCarthy and Moore and the players.

This would be great.

Now if McCarthy would really put his foot down and be the only talking head giving post-games interviews and leave Jerrah on his yatch..

things might be peachy.

:starspin:

75boyz

Reaction score
Been sitting here for a moment and reflecting on this interview.

1) On the one hand he is really young to be an OC.
2) I have my concerns that his background as a coach comes from Linehan and Garrett. Neither of those guys really experienced much real success at the NFL level.
3) Moore was not a successful QB in the NFL.

That zero on his resume to me is alot to overlook being that we have a big offensive need to succeed given Dak has to play in the superlative to get his new contract.

It was interesting that Moore mentioned all the offensive minds in his QB meetings he holds each morning. Now Seneca Wallace is no Tom Brady. You have to wonder why a guy with his resume is in the room. I know Big Mike knows him from before, but not to sure about that.

4) Apparently Big Mike has his hands full with the rest of the organizational team responsibilities which he mentions as a reason he did not do the play calling and left it mainly with Moore.

This a bad thing in my opinion in that I would prefer Big Mike call the games play calling as I believe he has a much higher understanding of what to call and when after 12 years in GB and winning a SB but after his run in GB, McCarthy admits he got stale as the HC and I am not sure if he feels it was playcalling or just his relationship with Rodgers just failed.

On the good side, if Moore can hold up as the OC and give Big Mike space to oversee the entire team better, that's a good thing.

That should keep Jerrah from reassuming his role of interfering with the team too much and undermining coaching authority with McCarthy and Moore and the players.

This would be great.

Now if McCarthy would really put his foot down and be the only talking head giving post-games interviews and leave Jerrah on his yatch..

things might be peachy.

:starspin:

Excellent post. First 5 paragraphs follow my line of thinking as well.

Maybe when the real bullets begin to fly and the offense faces a little adversity then full transparency can finally be revealed as to what offense it is and who's calling it.

The ambiguity surrounding the offensive responsibilities last yr between Moore and Garrett were tiresome but revealing.

I guess with all this mention by Stephen of how transparent this new HC is, there should finally be no doubt of offensive accountability.

At least that's the way it's being presented.

At least there's that hope.

Go Cowboys

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Excellent post. First 5 paragraphs follow my line of thinking as well.

Maybe when the real bullets begin to fly and the offense faces a little adversity then full transparency can finally be revealed as to what offense it is and who's calling it.

The ambiguity surrounding the offensive responsibilities last yr between Moore and Garrett were tiresome but revealing.

Guess with all this mention by Stephen of how transparent this new HC is, there should finally be no doubt of offensive accountability.

At least that's the way it's being presented.

At least there's that hope.

Go Cowboys
Indeed.

This is all a big guessing game.

You mention some of the GB philosophy being mixed in which I like.

Hope Moore can grasp that along with the WCO and whatever part they are going to retain from the old Dallas offense.

That is alot of assimilation, baby.

75boyz

Reaction score
Indeed.

This is all a big guessing game.

You mention some of the GB philosophy being mixed in which I like.

Hope Moore can grasp that along with the WCO and whatever part they are going to retain from the old Dallas offense.

That is alot of assimilation, baby.

Definitely.

A whole lot.

Go Cowboys

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly....I wouldn't let the next great offensive mind get away...like Sean Peyton. If I got to boot McCarthy upstairs....and promote KM....then I do it.
Just pay him to stay at OC.

I think OC is more of his dream job than HC. There are a lot of headaches that come with being an HC.