Kellen Moore's future

dfense

Reaction score
Looks like Kellen Moore's future is on some shaky ground. Talk about going from a good to bad situation. He may be finishing out the season as the lame duck head coach real soon. I expect the current HC Staley to be gone as soon as today after the last two miserable showings. Team has no heart.

Bagman

Reaction score
I don't think that owner is gonna keep Kellen either. Maybe to finish out the season.

J-man

Reaction score
yeah his offense hasn't looked good at all, here or there

JayFord

Reaction score
My issues with Kellen as a playcaller aside

Herbert didnt play....and is out for the rest of the year also when Herbert was in the offense left alot to be desired....

would i fire Kellen? no....would he be on the hot seat going into next year and possibly fired mid season? yes

Staley on the other hand wouldve been dismissed at halftime

but all i know is this

NO!! to him being in Dallas in anyway shape or form

Big_D

Reaction score
At this point that team is a mess. Staley is just terrible!

Big_D

Reaction score

Herbert didnt play....and is out for the rest of the year also when Herbert was in the offense left alot to be desired....

would i fire Kellen? no....would he be on the hot seat going into next year and possibly fired mid season? yes

but all i know is this

If you fire the HC then the whole group should be gone. No way you saddle the next HC with any remnants of this coaching staff.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't care. He is gone from Dallas, as I never even wanted him as the QB coach.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
I would assume new HC would want his own staff but it could be a situation like McCarthy having to have Moore on his team because Jerry or in this case Chargers owner being to cheap to want to fire Moore.

Toro9

Reaction score

but all i know is this

Sure, they got murdered but without Herbert they had little chance. The LV backup is better.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
being fair here, his offense with a 3rd string qb moved the ball, not his fault that derpy team fumbled the ball like 8 times.

That said im really happy with MM calling the shots

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, they got murdered but without Herbert they had little chance. The LV backup is better.
Chargers missing many players on both sides of the ball. But more on offense.
They mentioned a stat last night. They last 2 years the top 3 playmakers on offense only been on the field together 9% of the plays.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't see him going right into another coordinator job. It's certainly possible but I just dont see it. The good news for KM is that hes still only 35 years old and is incredibly young for the position he has. I think he could realistically go two routes.

1) Go to college and probably even get a HC gig right away. Honestly his offensive style, especially in the pass game seems better suited for the college game than the NFL level.
2) Humble himself a little bit and take a step back. Go back to a position coach or pass game coordinator role where he can continue to learn from an actual OC. An NFL team could even slap the "Assistant HC" title on him as an ego boost.

I've said for a while I absolutely see what Jerry fell in love with in Kellen. The guy is a really strong play designer and I even loved when he would get creative with formations, but hes never seemed to really understand the bigger picture of play calling. There was never really any methodology in his play calls, nothing really ever progressed as the game went on, etc. So many vertical routes with nothing that really played off of them. Pre snap other than the occasional jet sweep motion nothing really kept the defense guessing, and even that felt very predictable. Route concepts hard matched down/distance situations.

Toro9

Reaction score
Chargers missing many players on both sides of the ball. But more on offense.
They mentioned a stat last night. They last 2 years the top 3 playmakers on offense only been on the field together 9% of the plays.
I actually didn't watch any of the game. I checked in at halftime and it looked like a massacre so I didn't bother with it. Boring.

I just like looking at stats. Saw this and was just like WOW!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
being fair here, his offense with a 3rd string qb moved the ball, not his fault that derpy team fumbled the ball like 8 times.

That said im really happy with MM calling the shots
Just adding a BIT more context to the last night's starting quarterbacks for fairness purposes.

Easton Stick was drafted in the fifth round of the 2019 draft, sat behind Justin Herbert every game since then except for three with only one start--which was last night.

Aidan O'Connell was drafted in the 4th round of this year's draft, started out third string behind Jimmy Garappolo and Brian Hoyer, eventually named the starter over them, and just completed his sixth straight game as number one out of seven total starts.

Looks like the Raiders ended up with the better of the former third-stringers. It certainly showed last night but it is kinda telling that Stick was nowhere near NFL ready despite years before Kellen Moore and a full offseason plus preseason plus carrying a clipboard for thirteen games with Moore.

In fairness, O'Connell was a used-to-be rookie third-stringer only several months ago and is NFL ready now. Not a superstar by any means but he can play in the NFL. Easton is not ready and was as much a problem for the Chargers as the rest of his teammates.

1942willys

Reaction score
never liked his playcalling or his game plans

Way too young an inexperienced for anything but a QB coach and even that was a reach.

But Jerry said he had another boy genius
just like Garrett.

And people wonder why the drought has lasted so long....