Twitter: Kellen on Dak: "the command he has on the field is second to none"

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
What I am most impressed with is the ability to overcome penalties to sustain a drive. Used to be a holding penalty would almost certainly stall the drive. Now we overcome them regularly.

Yep. This is what I remember about the "old" Cowboys. Aikman, Emmitt, Michael, etc. would get a holding penalty and be 1st and 20 and it wouldn't matter. 2 plays later they'd have a first down.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Except the redzone:facepalm: We ever fix this episode on the field we get near 50 every game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yep. This is what I remember about the "old" Cowboys. Aikman, Emmitt, Michael, etc. would get a holding penalty and be 1st and 20 and it wouldn't matter. 2 plays later they'd have a first down.

The level of execution we're getting from Dak and the rest of that offense (except Connor Williams) is amazing. I am literally surprised when we punt these days..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Except the redzone:facepalm: We ever fix this episode on the field we get near 50 every game.

One of two things need to happen for the redzone issues to be fixed.. One someone needs to emerge as a beast receiver down there.. We currently don't have that guy.. Second the line has to figure out how to get at least a little push down there. They've been good at times down there but by and large when we have run it in it has been Zeke just refusing to be denied.. We haven't seen a bunch of instances where we've blown people off the ball and our guy could just waltz in for 6. I don't know how you fix either issue to be honest. Maybe getting Gallup back helps because he is at least a guy who can outmuscle and outjump DBs for the ball. He's kind of Dez-lite on those plays..