Ken Hamlin

Reaction score
Haven't seen anybody give this guy some props for the year he is having. Everyone thought when we signed him that we had two SS and we would get burned all day long. Hamlin has been a huge upgrade, I hope we resign him in the offseason he is having a good season.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Love him, like when we traded a fifth round pick in 1992 to Pittsburgh for my stellar fellow Baylor Bear Thomas Everett, he shored up the secondary and was a playmaker just as Hamlin has been.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Early in the year, I was a little worried about him, but he's gotten much better since the Patriots game. Our whole defense has. Some of that is injured people coming back, but some of that is just comfort in the system.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Aikbach;1759950 said:
Love him, like when we traded a fifth round pick in 1992 to Pittsburgh for my stellar fellow Baylor Bear Thomas Everett, he shored up the secondary and was a playmaker just as Hamlin has been.

Can't remember who it was on the radio, maybe Nate Newton, who made that exact comparison. And it's a pretty good one.

I'm really happy with Hamlin... I can't understand why we tried to make chicken salad out of chicken spit at FS all those years after Woody had to retire, but I'm glad we finally got a solid vet in here.

And one of the best things about him seems to be his leadership. I liked what he had to say in his postgame interview.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1759992 said:
Can't remember who it was on the radio, maybe Nate Newton, who made that exact comparison. And it's a pretty good one.

I'm really happy with Hamlin... I can't understand why we tried to make chicken salad out of chicken spit at FS all those years after Woody had to retire, but I'm glad we finally got a solid vet in here.

And one of the best things about him seems to be his leadership. I liked what he had to say in his postgame interview.
He needs a contract extension for certain, he's only 27 to my knowledge.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Aikbach;1760063 said:
He needs a contract extension for certain, he's only 27 to my knowledge.

He was born 01/20/81. I was bored and was looking at NFL.com already. ;)

dannyz

Reaction score
Wow, 26? I figured he was older. Definately has been a great find. I hope he keeps getting better and better.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31;1759942 said:
Haven't seen anybody give this guy some props for the year he is having. Everyone thought when we signed him that we had two SS and we would get burned all day long. Hamlin has been a huge upgrade, I hope we resign him in the offseason he is having a good season.

I agree he has done well and I think this unit as a whole is getting better as they become more comfortable with the system and each other.